PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Box and Shipping Foam

RKarges
02-24-2014, 06:19 PM
I have a generation A machine I would like to send in to get upgraded but do not have the Box and Foam Packaging. If anyone has an extra box and packaging they would like to sell me please let me know.

fwharris
02-24-2014, 06:38 PM
Most hang on to their boxes so if the need arises they have it to ship back. You can order a box through CarveWright though.

CW-HAL9000
02-24-2014, 07:34 PM
It is cheaper to find a shipping place near you and buy a box and packing material from them. You want 3 inches of packing at a minimum around the machine. If you take the machine they will pack it for you. Carvewright charges 47 dollars for the packing, 15.00 for the box and then at lease 12.95 or more for the shipping. For much less than $50 a local shipping place can professionally pack it for you. I have a couple of boxes for mine but by the time I charge you for them and you pay for me to ship the empty box you could just buy a box and packing locally. Carvewright sells sealed air packing material which many local packing places can form you the same stuff if you take your machine and it will be much cheaper.

http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=20572&cat=&page=1

RKarges
02-24-2014, 09:36 PM
I know carvewright sells the box and packing I was just hoping someone that has more than one machine may have a box around they'd want to sell cheaper than buying from carvewright.

CW-HAL900, it's my understanding it has to be shipped in an original carvewright box.

CW-HAL9000
02-24-2014, 09:50 PM
I know carvewright sells the box and packing I was just hoping someone that has more than one machine may have a box around they'd want to sell cheaper than buying from carvewright.

CW-HAL900, it's my understanding it has to be shipped in an original carvewright box.

Unless it is still under warranty that should not be the case. UPS or other shippers offer insurance and will cover the machine for shipping damage as long as it is properly packed. That is where a good packing and shipping company comes in. However do not take my word for it I would call LHR and make sure. I would sell you one of my boxes but I bought my machines used and one is not an LHR box or packing and the other which is an old sears compucarve box is pretty beat up. I do all my own upgrades and repairs so I have never shipped my machine to LHR so I can't speak from experience with LHR. I used to own a mailbox and packing service so I do know about shipping.

lynnfrwd
02-24-2014, 11:15 PM
Ups will not cover damage, if not shipped in these packing materials that have been tested and approved by them.

CW-HAL9000
02-24-2014, 11:28 PM
Perhaps check with people who live near you by looking in the forum under the thread carvoholics- a carver near you. Or check the Start U members for someone who lives by you, maybe you can borrow or rent a box.