PDA

View Full Version : 3D Rotary Jig

jackh
02-24-2014, 02:41 PM
Does CW plan to build and market a Rotary Jig for 3D carving?

rcdages
02-25-2014, 07:50 AM
jackh,

Welcome to the CarveWright forum family.

Happy carving to you Sir.

CW-HAL9000
02-25-2014, 08:08 AM
Does CW plan to build and market a Rotary Jig for 3D carving?There is a guy who used to make and sell them both on his own and on LHR's website. He seems to have stopped but you will sometimes see used ones for sale on here. There is a thread on making your own but it all seems experimental and I have not seen some one successfully post about making one. I could be wrong. see this thread: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?20058-Rotary-Jig-Prototype-II&highlight=rotary

CW-HAL9000
02-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Here is the thread from the guy edzbaker who used to make and sell the jig. perhaps you can message him and see if he still sells them. http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?19181-Rotary-Jig-History&highlight=rotary

lynnfrwd
02-25-2014, 11:49 AM
Does CW plan to build and market a Rotary Jig for 3D carving?

We will get right on that. Stay tuned....

peep
02-25-2014, 12:26 PM
Hum.... Is is really hard to use?

CNC Carver
02-25-2014, 01:00 PM
Sounds like one is in the works.

We will get right on that. Stay tuned....

Digitalwoodshop
02-25-2014, 01:03 PM
The Jack that the Probe Data now plugs into is interesting.... I had guessed that it was placed at that location in the "A" versions un used until the probe data change was designed for a future expansion. And I had hoped that that future expansion included a Carrier Board with a Servo Motor that could hold a Round Blank in Length or the X Direction. A Program that would rotate that blank in the X, Y, Z and Rotary that made something Fantastic... It was only a Wish... Having never toured LHR Secret Back Rooms of the Research and Development guys.... I have no knowledge of that idea....

Being a Electronic Guy... I had wondered what the Calibration Jig was like for the machine.... We got a peek of that in a LHR Post the other day on Y Calibration mentioning a Metal Plate and Electrical Contacts that when touched by the Bit told the machine about a physical point in the machine. It could have been a Self Contained Plate with Batteries or something that has all along been plugged into the little Jack for Calibration.... Or even the DB 25 Connector that is part of the Computer and accessed from the outside of the machine... I believe the Prototype Talking Module plugged into that DB 25 Jack.

So like the new CX machine that caught me by total suprise... A Change that was in the works and has now hit the street and made public...

Lets hope that someday we see a Rotary SLED....

Until then..... We wait...

AL who....

Mikewiz
02-25-2014, 05:00 PM
Is that a hind Connie?

edzbaker
02-26-2014, 10:07 AM
Jack, I responded to your PM. I only sell the plans (and a small hardware kit) for My Rotary Jig at this time. Contact me through my website for information.

edscustomcarved.com

thank you

Ed