PDA

View Full Version : Looking for this cross pattern

kcc2012
02-24-2014, 10:49 AM
67776Has anyone seen a pattern like this. I scanned this in from a broken sample which I will need to reproduce but I haven't been able to successfully fix the damage in the middle. I'm thinking that if a pattern already exist it will be easier to use it and the customer will be happier.

SteveNelson46
02-24-2014, 11:43 AM
67776Has anyone seen a pattern like this. I scanned this in from a broken sample which I will need to reproduce but I haven't been able to successfully fix the damage in the middle. I'm thinking that if a pattern already exist it will be easier to use it and the customer will be happier.

Will this do? I created it using the Shell pattern from the basic pattern library.

kcc2012
02-24-2014, 11:47 AM
Will this do? I created it using the Shell pattern from the basic pattern library.

I looks like you made it with the newer version which I am unable to open.

SteveNelson46
02-24-2014, 11:55 AM
I looks like you made it with the newer version which I am unable to open.

Here is a 1.187 version

kcc2012
02-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Wow thank you very much. It looks great. That's pretty darn close I'll have to see if they are willing to use that. Thank you again.

Ambrose

dltccf
02-24-2014, 12:15 PM
What a good idea, the creativity of this group continues to amaze me.

FWMiller
02-24-2014, 12:28 PM
Since the damage seems mostly isolated to the right side maybe you could crop to just the left half and then mirror it to make a complete piece. I don't own PE so I'm not sure how easy this would be to achieve.

SteveNelson46
02-24-2014, 12:31 PM
Since the damage seems mostly isolated to the right side maybe you could crop to just the left half and then mirror it to make a complete piece. I don't own PE so I'm not sure how easy this would be to achieve.

You can only edit patterns in PE if you own or created them. The original pattern could possibly be cleaned up but, only by the owner.

fwharris
02-24-2014, 01:15 PM

I/We sure wished that PE did have the crop/cut/copy/mirror and paste functions as it would truly expand the capability of the software. We have been asking for these tools for several years now..

bergerud
02-24-2014, 01:31 PM
You can only edit patterns in PE if you own or created them. The original pattern could possibly be cleaned up but, only by the owner.

The pattern can be exported as a .png and then we could fix it.

kcc2012 could also crop off the bad stuff in PE. Mirror in Designer and resave as a pattern.

fwharris
02-24-2014, 01:45 PM
He could also email the mpw file to one of us to edit it.

kcc2012
02-24-2014, 04:37 PM
fwharris I just saw your private message and just sent you an email. Thank you very much.

I'm more than willing to email the mpw to anyone who wants to help me tackle it. This is part of an antique collection I scanned in for a local Church, as near as we can figure the patterns date back about 90 years give or take a couple years. A new Icon screen was built several years ago and this is an attempt to blend the new with the old most of the pieces were damaged and this is the best of this particular one, the others came out really good.

fwharris
02-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Check your private message..

bergerud
02-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Post the pattern as a .png and we can all have a go. File - Export To Image in PE.

fwharris
02-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Ambrose sent me the MPW file and I worked it over in PE. Sent him the MPW back but I am posting the mpc file with the pattern.

kcc2012
02-24-2014, 05:51 PM
Thank you very much. This came out great. I got the email with the corrected MPW. :p

aokweld101
02-24-2014, 06:50 PM
Job well done Floyd, I tried couldn't get it and tried a few ways and didn't succeed at it...again good job... how did you attack it ?

fwharris
02-24-2014, 07:08 PM
Job well done Floyd, I tried couldn't get it and tried a few ways and didn't succeed at it...again good job... how did you attack it ?

I just brought it into PE and then filled the low areas. After that I used the eraser tool to remove the high areas as needed. Use the dropper tool to select the height you want to erase down to. The the blur tool to smooth out the edges.