PDA

View Full Version : The fun has just started

Foggycarver
02-17-2014, 06:32 PM
I just purchased the carvewright and had about 10 hours carving this weekend so far, so I thought i would say hi to the forum and say thanks to carvewright. We bought a re-furb because i didn't want to wait. In any event the machine looks brand new the carvewright team did a good job on the re-build. I have carved now about 10 or 15 hours and the machine runs great. I plan on putting the machine through it's paces in time, so i wanted to thank the forum so far for everyone's help. A special thanks to Floyd and Dan who was a big influence in why i bought the machine to make our game calls. Officially a newbie now i guess. Howdy forum :)
Brian

DocWheeler
02-17-2014, 06:37 PM
Brian,

How are the calls working out for you?

fwharris
02-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Brian,

Thanks for the shout out and great job on doing your (and the Wife :D) home work. The picture of the cheese board you sent me, first project carve I might add, was first rate.. Looking forward to seeing lots more..

Foggycarver
02-17-2014, 06:53 PM
Doc,
Actually i am going to carve/cut my sled tonight for the game calls. I have several different ideas for sleds and i am going to prove them out and see what gives me the best results. I am trying place on end, on center and so on. I'll mic the calls and see what process is more efficient and accurate giving me repeatable results. I am waiting on some v-bits but in the meantime i'll just carve without the basic shape without the graphics.