PDA

View Full Version : How do you make lids like this

kcc2012
02-10-2014, 05:52 PM
67514 A friend sent this picture to me and I am trying to figure out how to reproduce the shape of the lid. I know I cant reproduce the design but the basic shape of the lid. Any tutorials that I can study? Thanks in advance.

eelamb
02-10-2014, 06:33 PM
That lid was most likely made with a thicker piece of wood. But you can make it using two pieces of wood glued together, using a router on the edges to obtain the profile. Or use the CW and the 3d suite to make the profiles, as in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VnneV--7fb8.

SteveNelson46
02-10-2014, 07:39 PM
67514 A friend sent this picture to me and I am trying to figure out how to reproduce the shape of the lid. I know I cant reproduce the design but the basic shape of the lid. Any tutorials that I can study? Thanks in advance.

There are many boxes and containers with quite elaborate detailed patterns in the pattern depot. They may not be exactly like the box in your picture but most have detailed instructions that come with them that show how to construct the lids, sides and bottoms. There are many techniques.