PDA

View Full Version : Single direction and backup

texasinmi
02-10-2014, 11:02 AM
What is the best way to get a pocket cut where the bit only goes in the direction where it does not splinter the wood, the board would move left to right. What I have in mind is cut, backup, move over, repeat.

I creating a pocket cut with the connected tool, I made it too wide and want to remove a couple of lines. I seem to be able to delete all of the connected lines, but not just one. Ideas?

Texas

Digitalwoodshop
02-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Not possible..

Edit:

But as seen below... I was wrong... :)

AL

dltccf
02-10-2014, 11:11 AM
To remove some of the connected lines, right click on the line you want to remove and select "break figure"

dave

bergerud
02-10-2014, 11:22 AM
What is the best way to get a pocket cut where the bit only goes in the direction where it does not splinter the wood, the board would move left to right. What I have in mind is cut, backup, move over, repeat.

I creating a pocket cut with the connected tool, I made it too wide and want to remove a couple of lines. I seem to be able to delete all of the connected lines, but not just one. Ideas?

Texas

The bit follows cut paths in the direction in which they are drawn. If you draw a sequence of parallel lines all going left to right, I think it will do as you want. The bit will lift out, back up and plunge back down for the next line. It will take longer. Does it really matter for the interior cuts?

To remove part of a connected line or spline, use the remove vertex tool and/or the break tool in the utility tool bar. (View - Toolbars - Utility Toolbar)

SteveNelson46
02-10-2014, 01:32 PM

Texas

Awhile back Michael Tyler did a "Tips and Tricks" tutorial on making pocket cuts using the grid and the connected lines tool. Below is a link to that tutorial. If I'm correct, the direction you make the lines determines which way the machine cuts. In this example the pocket on the left was made from left to right so that is the way it will cut. The one on the right was made from right to left and should cut in that direction. To delete one of the vertices, right click on the vertex you want to remove and select "Remove Vertex".

http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/getting-started/tutorials/tips-tricks/pocketcuts/