PDA

View Full Version : X termination Board Fried

srfliny
02-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.... My cutting motor stopped turning in the middle of a job... I checked the switches and they seemed fine. Blew them out with air and Pot Cleaner and still no go... I called the help line and the young man had me look at the x Termination board at the bottom of the machine... I pulled it out and looked at it and there seems to be some burnt looking resistors on the board.. The largest resistor looks like a 57K Ohm and looks burnt the most... The kid on the help line said they coat them with something that makes them look brown. This one looks burnt though... Typically resistors don't burn up like that.... I am praying that it's not the cutter motor... The machine is still under warranty but what a drag to have to go through the expense of replacing the motor.. Anyone else ever have this issue? I am praying it's not the motor and am waiting for the new switch and x Term board.... I have customers waiting for items that they already paid for...

bergerud
02-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Your pictures are pretty fuzzy. I do not think that brown is burn. A resistor would burn in the middle, not the ends. Also, the brown is on the wires.

SteveNelson46
02-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.... My cutting motor stopped turning in the middle of a job... I checked the switches and they seemed fine. Blew them out with air and Pot Cleaner and still no go... I called the help line and the young man had me look at the x Termination board at the bottom of the machine... I pulled it out and looked at it and there seems to be some burnt looking resistors on the board.. The largest resistor looks like a 57K Ohm and looks burnt the most... The kid on the help line said they coat them with something that makes them look brown. This one looks burnt though... Typically resistors don't burn up like that.... I am praying that it's not the cutter motor... The machine is still under warranty but what a drag to have to go through the expense of replacing the motor.. Anyone else ever have this issue? I am praying it's not the motor and am waiting for the new switch and x Term board.... I have customers waiting for items that they already paid for...

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. The cut motor started slowing down and then finally stopped near the end of a carve. The problem turned out to be the cut motor brushes. I had put in a used set 3 or 4 months ago and didn't check them until they failed. I guess I got the maximum use out of them.