PDA

View Full Version : Centerline text in a carve region

Shacky
02-09-2014, 08:21 PM
I am designing a coat rack and want to add several elements to a board and make the whole thing a carve region. Then I want to centerline carve some text. (See attached picture.) Of course the text disappears when I add a carve region. Is there a way to get it to carve the text with the new board depth after the carve region reduces it? Should I do this as a seperate carve and if I do, with the higher parts of the carved elements throw off the depth and mess up the centerline text?

I hope this is one of the simple questions that I thought were complicated until someone steered me in the right direction.

henry1
02-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Do you have the conform in your software

Shacky
02-09-2014, 08:59 PM
No, I don't have conforming vectors. Is that the key?

Do you have the conform in your software

SteveNelson46
02-09-2014, 09:05 PM
I am designing a coat rack and want to add several elements to a board and make the whole thing a carve region. Then I want to centerline carve some text. (See attached picture.) Of course the text disappears when I add a carve region. Is there a way to get it to carve the text with the new board depth after the carve region reduces it? Should I do this as a seperate carve and if I do, with the higher parts of the carved elements throw off the depth and mess up the centerline text?

I hope this is one of the simple questions that I thought were complicated until someone steered me in the right direction.

You need "Conforming Vectors" to put Centerline text in a carve region.

bergerud
02-09-2014, 09:17 PM
If the carve region is flat, there may be some hope. If it is not too deep you may be able to use jog to touch and put your centerline on it. If it is too deep, the only way I know is to lengthen the bit after the touch. Mark the bit with a felt pen and after it touches on the board, stop and move the bit out the same as the depth of the carve region. Others have done this to recover projects after a bit change abort.

Shacky
02-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the replies. I understand now. I will probably just buy the conforming vectors add-on.