PDA

View Full Version : Z Axis Stall Code E06-0313

Steve Hall
02-08-2014, 08:22 PM
The machine has not been used for a while. I started to use it and after the close door switches were fixed I thought I was ready but I got an error Z axis stall, any help on what to do to correct the problem. When I started the machine the first error was that the lid was not closed. I cleaned the switches and resolved that problem. Next was a problem with the sensor to measure the board which required cleaning. Then restarted the machine and it went through the normal steps and after the install bit was completed I received the error E06-0312

fwharris
02-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Describe the actual steps and at what point you got the Z stall error. This will help narrow it down.

lynnfrwd
02-09-2014, 01:46 AM
Hole in tracking encoder?

Steve Hall
02-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Thanks for your suggestion but what and where is the tracking encoder ? Can it be repaired or replaced

bergerud
02-09-2014, 10:21 AM
There are many reasons for a stall. You have to note exactly when the stall occurs so we will be able to trouble shoot.

When the bit touches the swinging bit plate. When the bit touches down on the board. When the bit touches the sliding plate.....

Steve Hall
02-09-2014, 10:59 AM
I went back to the machine to determine exactly when I got the error and restarted the project and the machine went through the set up measured the board, found the bit, found the board and got a message check cut motor. I hit enter and the program went to carving but the motor did not come on the bit went to the board and started the pattern and I hit the stop. I repeated the program with the same results.

bergerud
02-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Try a cut motor test. At the keypad 0-8-4. If the motor does not go, the first thing to check would be the right cover switch. It is a safety switch under the right of the cover by the hinge. Listen for it to click as you open and close the cover.

Digitalwoodshop
02-09-2014, 11:24 AM
A 2007 user so we start with the basic questions....

Is this a early "A" version as in the Serial Number?

Do you have the A907 14 pin FSC Cable or the older 18 pin version. A bad FSC Cable will give you a Z Stall... Remember the 14 pin cable cannot be plugged into the old 18 pin sockets or the wider pins of the 14 pin cable will short out your machine....

How Many Cut Hours? Around 350-400 hours your Cut Motor brushes get so short the machine will not start.... Recommend replacement at 250 cut hours AND replace the 2 Y gear box bearings.

The Right Side clear cover switch is the one that is in the cut motor circuit, if it is open, the cut motor will not start.

A hole drilled into the Brass Roller Plate on the keyboard side of the machine usually by the 1/8th inch cutting bit that is still coasting to a stop after bit change DUE to short cut motor brushes will give you a Z Stall. some Epoxy to fill the hole or a piece of Credit Card Plastic will work to block the hole.

AL

Steve Hall
02-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Thanks for all the help. It turns off that the close lid switch started all of the problems. When I removed the top cover to remove and clean the two lid switches I partial unplugged the connector to the board. and didn't rout the wires correctly on the right side causing the truck assembly to hit them and unplug one. The lesson here is don't let a machine set up so ling without using it and if you do clean and lub it before you just start a project. Thanks for everyone's help. I was able to finish a project with my grand son and he is happy which makes me Happy.