PDA

View Full Version : Clean Board Sensor Error

drose01
01-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Need some help if possible. I'm getting a Clean board sensor error and I think I know why would like to know if anyone has a work-around. I have someone who gave me a board but had stained one side of it black because they wanted the board to be black before it carved so they would have less work staining. I put keyholes on the back side (non-stained side) just fine, but when I went to flip the board got the clean sensor error on the black side. Tried this twice and then it all of sudden hit me it must be because the sensor eye must not see the board and it blends in with the black traction belts (just assuming) If this is the case has anyone had this problem in the past if and so what type of work-around did you do, or do I have to plane the board down and remove the black. Look forward to anyone's suggestions. Thanks!

dbfletcher
01-20-2014, 03:34 PM
Just put a strip of masking tape over the edge where the sensor "looks".

drose01
01-20-2014, 03:41 PM
is that sensor the one on the z-truck? not sure which sensor (as there are so many) is giving me the error?

fwharris
01-20-2014, 03:54 PM
Yes the one under the z truck.

drose01
01-20-2014, 04:36 PM
thanks guys you are awesome, that worked perfect. Had to put a piece of tape where I put it in the machine and on both ends. Issue resolved carving started...