PDA

View Full Version : Sweep rail test w/copy and paste

myshop1044
01-18-2014, 08:24 PM
attached is a test done with sweep rail, I completed one side, copy and pasted on the back
and the paste did not line up correctly , any ideas or was sweep rail never intended to do
2 sided carves.
Also I know you cannot do a cut path, because of the mirrored sides of the sweep rail function.

When I tried to just redraw over the shape using the drawing tools to create an outline to do cut path,
I could not get it to put a arc over the curves parts, it just made one line and did not allow me to make a arc .
any input would be great.

SteveNelson46
01-19-2014, 01:14 AM
To make the basic shape don't mirror. Create one half and copy, paste and flip horizonantally. Align the two halves but, don't join them then apply the sweep. Center the shape. Flip the board to the back and do the same. Don't forget to flip both halves vertically and align before applying the sweep. Center the shape. Flip the board to the front and paste and flip the vectors again and join the two halves. Center the shape. This will give you a "closed shape" for the cut path. You can also do a pierced carving instead of the cut path.

myshop1044
01-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Thanks Steve, the copy and paste worked perfectly, I was not able to apply a cut path to the cut and paste on a 2 sided carve, so I created a
pattern and pasted it on both sides and then applied cut path very easily. The only problem is putting a hole on top of the holder, so I put 2 copies on one side then laid out a region on the back side to receive the candle .
check it out.
my 3 different version, they are not finalized just ideas.