PDA

View Full Version : Honoring Our Veterans

carrothers
01-17-2014, 07:02 PM
67026I am carving this sign to give to a group of veterans in a local assisted care facility...they provided a beautiful piece of black walnut that is 8 inches wide and ten feet long. I've put this design together that I want to gold leaf the letters and the star and then just varnish the rest of the sign. I put in a carve region and then raised the letters and the stars inside the carve region. Then I wanted to put a "border" around the carve region (the first rectangle on the cut list) but only carve this border line about a .1 inch deep just deep enough to put in a gold leaf line that would split the difference between the carve out region and the edge of the board. I can't seem to find a way ...I tried a cut path and put in .1 depth but it wants to cut thru the board. I am doing this with mpc 1.187 as the new 2.0 seems to grind to a halt when I tried it due to the length of the board. Any help would be appreciated.

fwharris
01-17-2014, 07:10 PM
Do not use the cut path as that if for doing cut outs. Just assign the bit you want to use to the rectangle and set your depth.

Digitalwoodshop
01-17-2014, 07:37 PM
I could not open it as I am still using 1.184.

It could be that you are selecting the CUT PATH in error... You should be selecting your vector line then select the BIT then it will give you the bit window where you can set the depth. I did this in error myself the other day... I was cutting some ovals for a Fire Tag Project by setting the depth and using the bit... when I selected the Cut Path by accident...

My project is just a outline with a bit assigned and a depth. NO cut path. I did it on a sled.

AL