PDA

View Full Version : Help with 2.004

racer
01-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Need help with 2.004 Started Tuesday 2 or 3 times a day now every time I try to load an MPC or Pattern . But works in 1.187
Can not load any MPC off the form or it locks up. Running Dell laptop intel I5 core with win,7 was working great till Tuesday. Thanks for any help. I have a Demo on Saturday and need to show in 2.004 Racer

fwharris
01-16-2014, 06:27 PM
I would start with turning off the preview function. That seems to be the biggest issue especially for those who have a large collection of patterns and projects.

I still get crashes and like you if I double click on a mpc file it will lock up. No problem if I use the open function though.

racer
01-16-2014, 06:39 PM
Thanks but I never use the preview and I have tried the open. it all works In 1.187 and on problems till this week.

bergerud
01-16-2014, 08:40 PM
It is not a matter of using the previews or not. It is a matter of whether or not they are turned on or not. They cause trouble in the background if the feature is turned on.

Open Designer and go to the help menu. You will see Disable File Previews. Click on it and you will get the message that you have to restart.

racer
01-16-2014, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the help but it has been Disabled all the time. I did another serch on this and found about updating drivers and Win,7
Gust finished and it has seemed to have did the trick will let all know when I play some more. John Thanks