PDA

View Full Version : wood selection

johnsonswamp
01-16-2014, 02:57 PM
I have a customer wanting a carving done in the pic below, he wants it 14"x30", I kinda unsure of stretching the pattern out. My main question is he is putting it on a cypress wall so I don't know what wood to choose that it'll stand out, but look good showing the details.67016

fwharris
01-16-2014, 03:53 PM
If that is a screen shot of it stretched out I would say the proportions looks good. For the wood selection I would suggest taking a few different wood selections over to the customers place and see how they match/contrast to the cypress wall.

RogerB
01-16-2014, 04:26 PM
That is a nice pattern did you make it. I have never used cypress what color is it and are you painting the scene to finish it or clear.

johnsonswamp
01-16-2014, 05:12 PM
If that is a screen shot of it stretched out I would say the proportions looks good. For the wood selection I would suggest taking a few different wood selections over to the customers place and see how they match/contrast to the cypress wall.
That is it stretched out.

That is a nice pattern did you make it. I have never used cypress what color is it and are you painting the scene to finish it or clear.
No I didn't, it is one out of the pattern depot I believe, I wish I could make them like that.

Here is cypress
http://www.clcboats.com/scripts/phpThumb/phpThumb.php?src=/images/photos/products/2010/lumber/cypress2.jpg&w=580

He wants it unpainted with a coat of shellac.