PDA

View Full Version : I know, silly question

terry
02-19-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm about to remove all doubt that I'm a computer illiterate. I have a new computer on the way equiped with windows vista home premium. Is the CW software compatible or do I need to update something?

Greybeard
02-19-2007, 01:41 PM
I think you should email carvewright direct at their info address.
The software may not work with vista, but they would give you the right answer, whereas we could only express an opinion, which would probably rapidly change into the pros and cons of various OS.
John

terry
02-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Good idea. Thanks John

HandTurnedMaple
02-19-2007, 02:11 PM
I cannot confirm anything, but Windows OS are generally backwards compatible (I think that's the term) where they will run software intended for previous versions. So it should run. But maybe you can answer the question for us definitely.

See John, I can talk about MS without bashing it (well not out loud anyway).

terry
02-19-2007, 03:09 PM
OK, I'll be the lab rat

HandTurnedMaple
02-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Holy cow, I just realized there's another Idahodian here. I thought I was going to be the only one. Nice area you have up there, my sister lives near Orofino. I promise to keep my carvings out of your area if you promise to keep yours out of Boise. :lol: (See Sears, this is how you deliver on a promise. :x )

Ron Smith
02-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Holy cow, I just realized there's another Idahodian here. I thought I was going to be the only one. Nice area you have up there, my sister lives near Orofino. I promise to keep my carvings out of your area if you promise to keep yours out of Boise. :lol: (See Sears, this is how you deliver on a promise. :x )

My twin brother lives in Eagle. If I ship him something, does that count? I'm trying to talk him into buying one of these contraptions too.

FdxGuy
02-19-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm about to remove all doubt that I'm a computer illiterate. I have a new computer on the way equiped with windows vista home premium. Is the CW software compatible or do I need to update something?

I'm running it on both Vista and on XP. I have actually had it crash on me three or four times on my XP machine and NEVER on the Vista one. Although the Vista OS is on my laptop and I have used Designer far more hours on my desktop.

But the good news is that it seems to load and run fine on Vista for me.

Best Regards

HandTurnedMaple
02-19-2007, 06:13 PM

My twin brother lives in Eagle. If I ship him something, does that count? I'm trying to talk him into buying one of these contraptions too.

You can ship him stuff for his personal use, that's ok. 8) But since I have to drive through Eagle to get my lumber, I can't allow him to sell anything he produces on a CW/CC in the area. I'm sorry about that, but I just have to put my foot down. :wink:

But I am willing to negotiate if he can tell a better or closer place to by hardwood than going all the way to the Woodcraft store.

terry
02-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanx fedex guy. Maybe I moved a step up. OK Idahoers there's plenty of room for all of us. I'm just a newbie and no threat on the carving market, but don't challenge me to a scroll off. The CW makes great frames though. Hardturned maple, if you get up to see your sis, let me know when you're coming. I know a guy that owns a bar and will buy you a beer or soda and swap lies with you

HandTurnedMaple
02-21-2007, 05:38 AM
Ron, I should have mentioned that if your brother wants to see some good examples I have 3 in the window of the bookstore/art gallery on Main Street here in Emmett. Have him contact me or just drive through. She is open until 6 Mon-Sat. And I will add more detailed ones in a couple of week once I get back from vacation.