PDA

View Full Version : Tiling tecnique

chypes
01-13-2014, 03:49 PM
What is the best and easiest way to "tile" a pattern...or split a pattern to carve two seperate sections and later piece them together? Do I need Designer 2 to do this or is it possible in Basic?

unitedcases
01-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Go to the tips and tricks section. There is a section just on that. Many have done it. The first one is a little nerve racking but once you do one you see it really is simple.

CW-HAL9000
01-13-2014, 08:36 PM
What is the best and easiest way to "tile" a pattern...or split a pattern to carve two seperate sections and later piece them together? Do I need Designer 2 to do this or is it possible in Basic?You only need basic designer.

Ton80
01-14-2014, 07:23 AM
Are you looking to place a pattern in such a way that it would span across a set of doors, or maybe carved at a size that is too large for the machine so you need to join up two boards to obtain the size you want?

chypes
01-14-2014, 01:45 PM
trying to work a design too large for the machine. Need to splint into two pieces and then join later. Trying to determine best method to do this in basic designer program....Someone metioned a "tiling technique".

Ton80
01-14-2014, 03:09 PM
I do this all the time. If you want some help let me know. If you are able to keep the project scale so it only uses 2 boards that is quite easy to accomplish.. Adding more boards would get trickier but it is possible by being careful about having attachments set up and being sure not to change the scale of the pattern between project files.

PM me the files if it contains stock patterns and your phone # if you want. I also still have Designer 1.187 so we're working with the same version. Or, I can just PM you a sample of how I do this.

John