PDA

View Full Version : Text problems in 2.004

Gary Koval
01-12-2014, 07:25 AM
I am having problems with a couple of different things in Designer 2.004. Actually started when I first bought the software in July. The text and line spacing do not work at all. When I input a number hit "enter" nothing happens, and if I get out of the text window and return, both of the changed numbers are back to zero. Is there a setting someplace that I'm not seeing or doing?
Secondly, when I open the "Edit Envelope" to change or modify in this case the text, I can't see the text in the window without either expanding the window very large, or moving up and down with the slide to the right of the window.
And as you can see, the 3D graphics is off, but it doesn't matter what setting it's in, I get the same results.
I hope both problems can be fixed with a simple setting change.
Any help is appreciated,
Gary
EDIT: My computer specifics are located in my signature, below.

henry1
01-12-2014, 07:30 AM
You have to highlight the letters for it to work here a tutorial http://www.carvewright.com/project-designer-2-0-tutorials/

bergerud
01-12-2014, 10:16 AM
The highlighting has tricked me before. I do not get the cut off view like you do. Could you upload the mpc?

Gary Koval
01-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Henry,
How many times have folks said to follow the tutorials. Man, thanks for that, should have known better...
Bergerud,
Here is the mpc, still don't understand why I am having this problem with the edit envelope, and I do appreciate everyone's help.
Gary

bergerud
01-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Sorry, but your mpc works for me. I get the whole board in the window. Hmmm???

henry1
01-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Henry,
How many times have folks said to follow the tutorials. Man, thanks for that, should have known better...
Bergerud,
Here is the mpc, still don't understand why I am having this problem with the edit envelope, and I do appreciate everyone's help.
Gary
I just tied it for spacing and work for me ,,must be something your missing in the program or software

jakab
01-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Spacing between characters and between lines works for me on your file. Spacing between lines takes a few seconds to apply.

Editing Text Envelope also works fine for me.

Running on OS X Mavericks.

...Peter

cestout
01-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Took me a while to realize the I had to highlight the text. Also for the ecit envelope, I final realized I had to grab the line between windows to make the editing window big enough to work on.
Clint

Gary Koval
01-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Okay, I'm over the spacing of letters and lines, should have read the instructions, come on, what guy reads instructions right? Normally me, not this time though.
Clint, I noticed that when I open the edit envelope, at best I get a partial area to work, but when I grab the line between, like you, and go either up or down with it, no matter how slight the movement, the window centers itself at that point in the edit envelope and then I can work on it. Got to be a software glitch, at least I hope so...
Gary

mtylerfl
01-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Gary,

I've heard of this from someone else...thinking it was our friend Robert Dages, but not sure. One of the CW Techs referred to this as the "window shade" effect. I believe the fix was to update the video drivers or buy a new video card. Wish I could say for sure which was "the real fix", but it's worth a try for you to make sure the drivers are current anyway. (Maybe Robert will see this and tell us if that was him or not and if so, what the fix was.)

Another thing to try is changing the settings in your Preferences/General (bump up the rendering cache memory to 512...double the default of 256) and Preferences/3D Graphics Hardware Acceleration to OFF (see if that works) then try ON (see if that works).

Gary Koval
01-13-2014, 05:55 AM
Michael,
Yes, the video drivers are up to date. The Rendering Cache was set at "16", and being computer challenged in this respect, changed the setting to "512" as you have suggested and tried it with "3D Graphics" off, no help. But when I changed it to on, wham, working perfect. But, I changed it to "off" within the last few months, per a call to LHR software, talked with Connie at the time, who suggested I turn it off, for another problem, that escapes me now naturally. Anyway, if 256 is the default for memory cache, any idea why mine was set at 16? I don't mess with anything that I don't fully understand, so I have not changed it that I remember.
Gary

mtylerfl
01-13-2014, 07:12 AM
Hi Gary,

Glad the fix was so simple! I almost forgot to even make those suggestions, so we both got lucky I guess.

To be honest, I THOUGHT the default was "256" but I may have changed that myself and just don't remember doing so. Perhaps the default really is "16" but that would be extraordinarily low. In any case, if everything is working at the current settings you've made I would just leave it be for now.

Gary Koval
01-13-2014, 08:13 AM
To everyone,
You just gotta love this place, THANKS to all,
Gary