PDA

View Full Version : Boy scouts

whr1900
01-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Looking for a little help!!!

Does anyone have the Boy Scout badges in MPC or pattern,
I have tried to scan and import but nothing is coming out and I am trying to do a favor for a friend of mine who is a scout master.:?:

mtylerfl
01-12-2014, 04:56 PM
Perhaps the ScoutMaster has already obtained permission, but to be on the safe side...

Anyone seeking to use any marks, words, or phrases, which may reasonably be related to the BSA and its programs should contact the BSA Legal Department at 972-580-2000 to obtain permission in advance for such use.

Found something else that may be helpful to expedite permission:

Council Royalty Waiver Request When products are donated to a local council we require that a Council Royalty Waiver Request be completed. This one page form grants a license or permission for a one-time use of the mark on the donated product. There are no fees associated with securing permission for use of BSA trademarks on products donated to local councils.
Download the Council Royalty Waiver form. (http://www.scouting.org/sitecore/content/Licensing/Doing%20Business%20with%20Boy%20Scouts%20of%20Amer ica/~/media/Licensing/Docs/Council%20Royalty%20Waiver%20Form_200709.ashx)

whr1900
01-14-2014, 10:29 AM
I will get the scout master to do that this week.
Do you have the scout patches in pattern form

mtylerfl
01-14-2014, 12:52 PM
I will get the scout master to do that this week.
Do you have the scout patches in pattern form

I'm sorry. I personally do not because of the hassles with copyright and so on. Here's an old thread link that discusses the problem further:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?17775-Scout-Patterns

brdad
01-14-2014, 06:03 PM
A few years ago I created and donated a candelabra for an Eagle Scout ceremony. It would have been too much work to create patterns, so I searched and searched until I found some decent resolution images online. I then printed them out on photo paper and attached them to the candelabra and sealed over them. It came out decent and they were glad to have it. Getting a waiver is the best route and they might provide the images.

unitedcases
01-14-2014, 06:19 PM
That's a very nice project brdad. Love the grain. Matched up very nicely.