PDA

View Full Version : Ya think it can do this?

smryan
02-19-2007, 12:14 AM
Hey All

First off...I don't own one of these....yet. The old lady says I can get one but we have to close on the house first (March 8th) So anyways I am wondering about an idea I have but I am not sure it can be done so here it is.

Cabinet doors. Yup you got it, the ones I need to re do are wider than the max 15", I think they are around 20" or so (Haven't actually been in the house we are buying to measure them cause I am in afghanistan at the moment)

So my idea is to take one 10" piece and put half of what ever pattern (probably do a deco border) then take another 10" piece and do the other half of the deco border then biscuit join the 2 pieces and do the finish work....That should work right?

Thanks for the input

Scott

Charles M
02-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Scott,

Here are some thoughts: Are you thinking of making the doors as solid panels or are you wanting to make decorative panels to fit into stile and rail frames? Solid panel doors are not usually desirable because they are prone to cupping/warping. If you make panels to fit frames you could adjust the width of the frame members to use a 14-1/2" wide panel or you could use a middle stile and divide the panels into two per door.