PDA

View Full Version : ** Off Topic ** Craftsman Manuals?

FdxGuy
02-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Sorry about the off topic post.

I bought a Mortise machine this last weekend to support my new found wood working desire that was ignited by my Compucarve. I noticed that there are a whole bunch of Craftsman Club members here and I am hoping that one of them can help me out. I do not have a manual for my mortise machine. Is there a website to download manuals for craftsman tools?

*activate flame counter-measures now*

Thanks for not flaming me for the off topic post....

HandTurnedMaple
02-19-2007, 12:29 AM
1) Search the web, I've seen download sites;
2) http://www3.sears.com/ for parts

Julie Coffey
02-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Sorry about the off topic post.

Thanks for not flaming me for the off topic post....

Hrm I don't know I was just fixxing to get the kindling <g>

J :lol:

FdxGuy
02-19-2007, 10:33 AM
1) Search the web, I've seen download sites;
2) http://www3.sears.com/ for parts

Thanks. Any advice for using that parts site? I've tried to search it for model number, part numbers... all different things. You would think I'm trying to find a pygmy schrew in the Arctic. It's almost like Sears never heard of their own machine.
It's a:
Craftsman Hollow Chisel Mortiser 21907

21907 is the model number as far as I can tell, and that yields nothing.

Alas, maybe I don't really need it. ;-)

HandTurnedMaple
02-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Sears model numbers are something like XXX.XXXXXX. Like the CC is 133.217540 (although it doesn't appear on the parts site yet).

Or is that spreading disinformation like I gave the Sears warranty people.

HandTurnedMaple
02-19-2007, 10:42 AM
BTW, pygmy shrews can be found south of Anchorage and west of the Aleutians.

LZee
02-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Go to Sears.com

on the home page, click on the Parts hyperlink (left side of page).

Enter the entire model number 152.219070---make sure the menu is showing "model" and not "part"

That should bring you to the hollow chisel mortiser parts list.

The owner's manual is usually near the bottom of the parts list.

Or, if you love to hate Sears, try our horrible voicemail hell (motto: "Sorry---your response was not understood"), and call 1-800-252-1698 with the model number....

Linda

The Bard
02-19-2007, 11:57 AM
hehe my voicemail says "you will not get a response if you leave a message here. Call back and use option 5"

good to see a Sears rep, i'm sure we'll have a lot to talk about.

Digitalwoodshop
02-19-2007, 12:58 PM
This sight is worth knowing about for old tool info.

http://www.owwm.com/

AL

FdxGuy
02-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Go to Sears.com

on the home page, click on the Parts hyperlink (left side of page).

Enter the entire model number 152.219070---make sure the menu is showing "model" and not "part"

Linda

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is awesome. I found it.

However, what freaks me out is that I entered the numbers from the Sears Tool site that refer to it as the model number. I would think the search engine would be smart enough to find it.

Heck with Google I mis-spell half of what I look for, it suggests the right spelling and finds everything I'm looking for anyhow. Magic.

Thanks for the TIP.
Welcome to the Brotherhood, Sister.

LZee
02-19-2007, 06:11 PM
"However, what freaks me out is that I entered the numbers from the Sears Tool site that refer to it as the model number. I would think the search engine would be smart enough to find it. "

Next to its voicemail hell, resides Sears' oddity of a search engine.

You have to spell everything e.x.a.c.t.l.y as it is. This means, of course, that if the web compiler misspelt "craftsman" (aa in "craftmen 48 inch bench top sander"), on any page, why then, YOU, dear tool owner must be prescient, and misspell "craftsman", too! What fun!

On the other hand, Sears matches my 401(k), and gives me holiday pay in addition to two weeks paid vacation...oh, and did I mention? I'm a part-time employee?

Z
Who likes to poke fun of the hand that feeds her

The Bard
02-19-2007, 06:40 PM
um, I do all the time... both of them.