PDA

View Full Version : Head pressure

aokweld101
01-05-2014, 11:30 AM
I'm having problems the clutch when I lift the head up it's does all right its on the way down where I'm having the problems it shimmies on the way down and when it reaches the board the clutch doesn't click it just locks up and on the last carve I did I had to adjust the pressure by hand with the clutch handle till It worked, I'm going out today to try fix it.. (just to let Floyd know it's getting to 70 degrees here today) ... some input would be nice I'm hoping the clutch just needs cleaned up..

tjl232
01-05-2014, 11:41 AM
you need to lube the 4 post and threaded rods

fwharris
01-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Having a heat wave here, 12 degrees the last I looked and 6" of snow and still coming down.

Try cleaning the 4 corner posts and 2 lead screws. Make sure you flush out around the nuts on the lead screws and the head on the corner posts with wd-40. If the problem still exists you might try re aligning the corner posts.

Digitalwoodshop
01-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Head Level too.... The Whole Head that moves up and down on the 4 smooth posts with assistance from the 2 jacking screws.

If the head gets out of level because of the cross connect under the machine slipping a tooth it causes the wide or long head sleeve bearings to twist. This jams the head up and can cause Ridges or DENTS in the smooth rails.... A Proper Cleaning of the smooth rails and putting some light oil down inside the sleeve bearings to carry out the sawdust that binds up the head. THEN loosen all 4 rails from the bottom ONE at a time and TURN THEM to move the DENT.

CAUTION... If you remove the Bottom of the machine... UN PLUG IT.... You can get SHOCKED.... or killed.... Exposed wires and Power Supply.

:) AL

aokweld101
01-05-2014, 05:56 PM
I didn't get out in the shop today, and supposed to get down in temperature tomorrow only going to get up to 40 degrees Floyd sent some of the weather down here....BRRRRR..... will keep all suggestion in mind when I get out there in the shop!!