PDA

View Full Version : My Very First Project

FdxGuy
02-18-2007, 03:45 PM
I finally got to use and play with a real live Compucarve last night. (I am still waiting on a Powersupply for one of my dead machines, Bard doesn't really know when the shipping guys send the parts he tells them to send)

Anyhow. Here is a picture of the very first thing I carved on my Compucarve....

pkunk
02-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Dem bits are sharp? :D Good thing it wasn't spinning. I've had my fingers nicked by the spinny things numerous times & believe me-they can do some damage. :oops:

BobHill
02-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Ouch :shock:

Bob

pwngsd
02-18-2007, 06:27 PM
I was taking the cutting bit out (with leather gloves on)
cut through the gloves AND my finger.
Your right. They are SHARP.
-Paul

Ron Smith
02-18-2007, 06:51 PM
I learned real quick what the bit removal tool is for ...

SpiffyDog
02-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Can you share that in the mpc file format? :D

Jeff_Birt
02-18-2007, 07:27 PM
The bit removal tool is your friend!

FdxGuy
02-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Can you share that in the mpc file format? :D

Yep, it's an easy one. Pick any mpc, when it asks to change bit-- insert hand.

FdxGuy
02-18-2007, 11:38 PM

The funny thing is, I was wondering why on earth would they have this silly bit removal tool??? The bits are easy to get in and out, what on earth do I need a tool for that? Arrughh... I am to used to computers, the user manual is only a suggestion. I think I'll read this one and follow it.

:oops:

I figure the machine just wanted to bite me as friendly reminder to stay away from sharp spinning things.

As The Bard says.... welcome to the brotherhood!

It's not mine until it has my blood on it.
;-)

HandTurnedMaple
02-18-2007, 11:41 PM

The funny thing is, I was wondering why on earth would they have this silly bit removal tool??? The bits are easy to get in and out, what on earth do I need a tool for that? Arrughh... I am to used to computers, the user manual is only a suggestion. I think I'll read this one and follow it.
;-)

Change a bit after an 8 hour carve and the answer will be black instead of red (burn vs. blood).

FdxGuy
02-18-2007, 11:58 PM

;-)

Change a bit after an 8 hour carve and the answer will be black instead of red (burn vs. blood).

More absolutely priceless advice for dummies.....

eepers
02-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Wow, this is a MOST informative thread for when my unit gets here. I appreciate the hard earned experience :)

CallNeg151
02-22-2007, 09:54 AM

At least the burn stops the bleeding. It's hard to get a good stain on a blood-soaked workpiece.

HandTurnedMaple
02-22-2007, 02:00 PM
I can see the new advertising campaign: "Sears CompuCarve, it carves, joints, bevels, and cauterizes. Come see one at an Emergency Room near you!"