PDA

View Full Version : carvewright version A-B C

Merlin
12-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Hi all who actually read this...

I am looking for information regarding the difference between the various versions of the carvewright machine A-B-C, and how to identify what version of the carvewright each machine is....

Many thanks in advance...

henry1
12-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Hi all who actually read this...

I am looking for information regarding the difference between the various versions of the carvewright machine A-B-C, and how to identify what version of the carvewright each machine is....

Many thanks in advance...
do you have a machine now A B C

Merlin
12-28-2013, 11:37 AM
I have a machine now number BE.506.787.

I have been offered a machine number BC.505.536

Looking to find out if they are the same or how much different.

Thanks

CW-HAL9000
12-28-2013, 11:41 AM
A version was the first carvewright, it has the quick chuck and had problems with vibration issues which caused problems with power supply's and other vibration related issues. The Z truck needs an upgrade to correct issues as well it is called a z bundle upgrade. The B machine includes the z bundle upgrade and additional gluing was done on components to help with the vibration issues. The C Version includes the Carvetight Chuck which finally took care of the vibration issues caused by the quick chuck. The Carvetight chuck runs quieter and smoother.

CW-HAL9000
12-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Usually the first letter of the serial number shows the version of the machine. If there is no letter it is an A machine. Both the machines you listed are B version. This means it has the upgraded z bundle and unless it has been upgraded it should still have the quick chuck.

lynnfrwd
12-28-2013, 02:24 PM
All A models start with an A. Only part of the A models sold need the Z motor bundle as some were added in house before sold. Models that only have #s (starting with 9, I think) are beta machines and we don't have parts for those.

Use document under Support > Manuals & Repair Documents > A907-identify your z motor pack to see if any early model A machine needs it.