PDA

View Full Version : QuickChange chuck to the rescue

Jeff_Birt
12-27-2013, 09:22 AM
The other evening I was doing a deep cleaning of my wife's fancy automatic espresso maker. I turned one part upside down, forgetting it had a checkable inside, and the checkable promptly fell in the garbage disposal never to be seen again. Now I really like good coffee and look forward to my first cup in the morning, my wife on the other hand is a coffee nut. If the power went out the first thing she would worry about is not being able to make coffee in the morning!

Waiting a week to get a new part in was not an option and my. Daughter asked, "Do you have a ball bearing about that size?" I went out to the garage and was looking through all my misc. parts stashes, dissembling a air hose coupler resulted in a ball bearing that was a little too large. I glanced around the shop and spied the CW machine and a vision of the old. QuickChange chuck came into my. head. Searching through my CW parts turned up a QC chuck which was quickly disassembled with the help of my bench vise. The QC locking balls were just the right size!

The coffee maker has been chugging along for 4 days now with some help from CarveWright and best of all my wife is happy. :lol:

fwharris
12-27-2013, 11:01 AM
Good re purpose for the QC! Our house is about the same with the need for that great first cup of coffee in the morning!

Capt Bruce
12-27-2013, 11:08 AM
+1 on that solution. Well done on your re-purposing the ball bearing.

Woodpecker
12-27-2013, 12:23 PM
CW makes coffee too?

Smoken D
12-27-2013, 01:22 PM
Finally, I now know what the QC was good for:lol:

blhutchens
12-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Finally, I now know what the QC was good for:lol:
Yes that should have been the original use for it. !!!!!