PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Pattern, Can't find in Depot

drose01
12-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Does anyone have a good pattern or vector of the attached picture. Looking for a small signature to replace my Heat iron that I can have the CW add the logo to the back of some of my family projects. I have a .jpg file of the attached but way to blurry and not that great with the paint tools to be able to clean up. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

edzbaker
12-25-2013, 04:43 PM
You can make the pattern by using the attached pictures.

bjbethke
12-25-2013, 07:14 PM
Does anyone have a good pattern or vector of the attached picture. Looking for a small signature to replace my Heat iron that I can have the CW add the logo to the back of some of my family projects. I have a .jpg file of the attached but way to blurry and not that great with the paint tools to be able to clean up. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have several in a DingBat Font, You need to load the fonts to see the patterns. They carve in CW Centerline.

drose01
12-25-2013, 09:26 PM
Thanks guys that's exactly what I was looking for and more, you all are the best, saved me a ton of work, didn't want to reinvent the wheel if I didn't have to.

drose01
12-25-2013, 11:10 PM
BJ, is there any special reason that you know of from your MPC File when I try to extract one of those carvings to a pattern, the designer 2.004 program crashes. Tried it on both my computers and tried it with the fonts installed and without the fonts installed and both have the same effect of crashing. Are you able to create/extract a pattern from this .mpc file of your carvings?

bjbethke
12-26-2013, 12:16 AM
BJ, is there any special reason that you know of from your MPC File when I try to extract one of those carvings to a pattern, the designer 2.004 program crashes. Tried it on both my computers and tried it with the fonts installed and without the fonts installed and both have the same effect of crashing. Are you able to create/extract a pattern from this .mpc file of your carvings?

This is not a pattern format it carves in Centerline a vector image format with a font. You need the font I sent installed. I dont have the Designer 2.004, but it should work OK. See the images I posted.

If you need more help send me a "PM" with your e-mail. The images are on the Cap A, B, C, D, E, and F

tcough3475
12-26-2013, 08:52 PM
BJB,

How did you get the white color for your project board? I'd like to switch to that for all my work as it shows the detail better.

Geomoo1
12-26-2013, 10:04 PM
BJB,

How did you get the white color for your project board? I'd like to switch to that for all my work as it shows the detail better.

Take a look at this thread ... http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?23677-Adding-Textures-to-woods1-file&highlight=wood+textures

If that doesn't help do a search using "woods1" (without the quotes) as your search term.

Ton80
12-27-2013, 06:12 AM
BJB,

If you are talking about the white text, that is not the project board but the screen you see when working with the text tool..

bjbethke
12-27-2013, 10:16 AM
BJB,

Just use a Photoshop type program, make a square 512 x 512 Pixels, and pick a color, save as a JPEG.

Name the square; I use the pine image (Drop down window) name type. [Pine_White], for the white square. (No Spaces)

If you have a Saw Mill and cut your own wood than take a photo of your wood types and use Photoshop to make the color of the square to look like the wood you have.

You can rotate the image in the wood1 folder to show a cross grain carving, but remember the Designer Program will show the image 180 degrees from what it looks like in the wood1 folder.
If you copy and paste the image you may get too much data in your file name, remove the .jpg

tcough3475
12-27-2013, 03:33 PM
I thought about creating the .jpg but hadn't done that yet. When I downloaded the file, the white pattern appeared in the .mpc and I couldn't figure out why it appeared without a .jpg being created already. I guess Designer just brought it along.
Thanks for the info guys, and I'll repeat what everybody else says about this site. It's the members who make it a great opportunity to learn and share.