PDA

View Full Version : Cut Path and Pattern saving

sjwilson57
12-23-2013, 04:47 PM
I hope someone here can help me with this one. I created a scroll saw pattern of a Butterfly .
When I save it as a pattern, this is what I end up with ,66611 but after setting it as pierced and removing feathering, this is the final pattern.66610 It doesn't appear to save the cut path within the pattern.

Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful?

Steve

Digitalwoodshop
12-23-2013, 05:09 PM
With Picture 2 that is a carve region you could try selecting the Outline Tool and outlining it. That would give you a outline that you could then select the Cut Path to cut it out. You could make it bigger to make a boarder too... Now for the un connected areas... Know that you can hand draw a closed path being sure the nodes are all connected and place it on the picture 2. This is where it gets fun... You can make a bunch of small carve regions .1 deep and pile and adjust them all over the place. Once you get the final design you can then select all the carve regions and do a outline. You may end up with some internal outlines, just delete them... Once you have the final outline make a cut path out of that and apply your Scroll Pattern inside it...

Know that trying to get the machine to use the 1/8 inch bit to cut all the internal holes is a lesson in stress... If you did... All the little pieces would pop out and either jam the bit or get under the rubber roller and give you a stall.... Even thin stock... The pattern would need to be a carve region and take into consideration the 1/16th tapered bit... The sides will be tapered...

Others smarter about this will chime in....

When I do something like this, I make the pattern 12 x 12 or 14 x 14 working as big as you can doing the work then scale it down. It takes some of the drawing errors out of site. I also turn OFF Prospective View so what you do on the left and right side of the screen will be the same as the center of the screen..

Also don't be afraid to take your final cut path that has MANY nodes and make it into a carve region one last time to only outline it for the last time giving you the LEAST nodes.

You can also hand draw around the pattern and do the trick above and make it a carve region and outline again to reduce the nodes.

Good Luck....