PDA

View Full Version : Called and got absolutely no help plus charged 25.00 for a project that I already had

Coast Guard
12-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Called Carvewright a couple of weeks ago. Asked why I didn't get an email about continuing my project of the month subscription. The woman told me that they didn't have anything set up to notify you that the subscription is ending and that you had to call in to renew it.

I thought OK well I guess that's what I did.

Then I talked to her about the Friends and Family project and that I wanted to do it. She told me that I would have to pay $25.00 (I wasn't sure about that but she charged me). Then I go looking back thru my emails and I find that I already owned the license to it from August (when I was still enrolled in subscription of the month).

I call and ask why I would be charged for a project that I already owned a license to. The person (Isreal) totally treated me disrespectfully, told me that I would have to wait for an "Investigation" to be completed and that it would take 4 weeks.

Total disregard for customer service. Not sure I want to be associated with this type of business.

Proctorw
12-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Sorry you had that experience. I have always and I mean always nothing but total professionalism from Israel. Not sure what happened, but hopefully it was nothing more than a misunderstanding that will be cleared up easily.

fwharris
12-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Call back in and ask for Connie or Joe and calmly ;) explain your situation and I bet either will get things corrected..

chebytrk
12-20-2013, 05:12 PM
Same here. I've always received nothing less than excellent service from LHR for the last 5 years. Just worked with Isreal a couple of days ago and he was helpful and professional. Even asked me to call him back if needed(which I plan to as soon as I can get back to working on my CW).

TerryT
12-20-2013, 05:57 PM
I guess everyone can have an off day.

zan29
12-20-2013, 07:57 PM
Well I have sent 2 emails asking if they had a manual for changing the board sensor cable and the other one was if they had an idea when the Z motor would available. NEVER got an answer! Not good!

fwharris
12-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Well I have sent 2 emails asking if they had a manual for changing the board sensor cable and the other one was if they had an idea when the Z motor would available. NEVER got an answer! Not good!

Guessing they might read the email now :D ;)! I've found the email response to be slow most times so usually will make a phone call instead.

For the board sensor cable replacement you will need to remove the Y truck.

lynnfrwd
12-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Suzanne, I won't be back in the office until Friday, but I will look for your emails. Repair documents are under Support. I don't have a definite answer on thecut motors.

lynnfrwd
12-20-2013, 08:55 PM
CG once registered we cannot remove. A credit card refund takes up to 4 weeks to see on your credit card statement depending upon where you are in the month.

We dont check to see if customers have already purchased projects, when they place an order for one. We assume they know what they already own.

Israel is usually very professional. There are always two sides to every story and two perceptions of how it went. Good customer service does not always result in the customer getting the results they want.

CW-HAL9000
12-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Good customer service does not always result in the customer getting the results they want. Huh? Wow you wont see that on any quality control training. LOL.

lynnfrwd
12-20-2013, 09:26 PM
We can provide good customer service, but that doesn't always mean the customer gets everything they want or demand.

Coast Guard
12-21-2013, 07:14 AM
I think the key here is usually. If the phone call was recorded, please feel free to check it out. If not, let me know... I have a partial recording.

I also asked that someone (a supervisor contact me). Hasn't happened yet. As I'm not even sure he placed an investigation or initiated a refund.

Oh, and I'm new to this and definitely didn't know what I already owned. I do now though.

zan29
12-21-2013, 07:34 AM
Thanks lynn, I thought I had to change the cable but found the real problem so do not need the document. I don't think it exist though cause when I clicked on the part, it gave me the change board sensor document instead but I would appreciate having it....never know!

Suzanne, I won't be back in the office until Friday, but I will look for your emails. Repair documents are under Support. I don't have a definite answer on thecut motors.

lynnfrwd
12-21-2013, 10:04 AM
I think the key here is usually. If the phone call was recorded, please feel free to check it out. If not, let me know... I have a partial recording.

I also asked that someone (a supervisor contact me). Hasn't happened yet. As I'm not even sure he placed an investigation or initiated a refund.

Oh, and I'm new to this and definitely didn't know what I already owned. I do now though.

We do record them. I am their supervisor. I am off until next Friday, but will go to the office and look into it further this Monday.

lynnfrwd
12-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Thanks lynn, I thought I had to change the cable but found the real problem so do not need the document. I don't think it exist though cause when I clicked on the part, it gave me the change board sensor document instead but I would appreciate having it....never know!
There is no manual just for the board sensor. There are repair documents and videos.

lynnfrwd
12-21-2013, 10:09 AM
CG if you can tell about what time this phone call happened, it may cut down on the # of phone calls I have to listen to.