PDA

View Full Version : Crashing Like Crazy.

NLAlston
12-14-2013, 03:52 PM
I had experienced, before, an issue with Designer 2 periodically crashing on me, but nothing to the degree that it is now doing. I don't know what's gotten into this program, but it is to the point where I have to revert back to Designer 1.187 (which NEVER fails to open up for me, and act right). I have attached two pics of the error messages, but don't really know to what they are making reference to.

bergerud
12-14-2013, 04:07 PM
The problem is probably the background preview system. As soon as Designer opens, go to the help menu and check Disable File Previews. Now exit and reopen.

NLAlston
12-14-2013, 04:20 PM
The problem is probably the background preview system. As soon as Designer opens, go to the help menu and check Disable File Previews. Now exit and reopen.

OK. Will give that a shot.

NLAlston
12-14-2013, 09:21 PM

I had a terribly rough time attempting this, because the program would shut down as soon as I clicked the 'X' at error message, that would show. I must have fought with that through no less than 25-30 times (and I kid you not), before I was able to (I guess) fool the program into thinking that everything was right :smile:. At any rate, though, I seem to be OK, now. Thanks.