PDA

View Full Version : Found Two orphaned Compucarves this Weekend!

FdxGuy
02-17-2007, 07:11 PM
I found two orphaned machines this weekend!

I have completed cleaning and lubrication on the first one and it works perfect, dirty sensor. I suspect a (can I say idiot?) buyer. The software on the CD was never opened, it has 5 hours on it. They even gave me a CC discount on the open box.

This is insane, I went from owning not a single one of these to owning 4! I can't help myself, they look so helpless in the box at the store, they just need a home. (My wife is about to move my other belonging out to the shop.... I'm going to blame that on Bard we all know it's his fault!!!)

Without this forum, I would have neither the ability or the knowledge to get these things back in order. Thank you all!

Have a Great Weekend!

Marzluf
02-17-2007, 10:39 PM
That must be you selling 2 of them on Ebay??

FdxGuy
02-17-2007, 10:50 PM
That must be you selling 2 of them on Ebay??

Yep - those are my babies.

I was thinking of taking all 4 of my machines and lining them up and carving in all of them at the same time for a picture of pure digital wood working heaven. (That would be deafening)

I can't afford to keep all four though. :cry:

Greybeard
02-18-2007, 03:43 AM
Suddenly I'm feeling very lonely. :(

John

The Bard
02-18-2007, 10:33 AM
first rule of Carvewright: its Chris' fault.

Time for the Grey one to visit Texas!

Greybeard
02-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Now if I could fit floats onto the campervan......mmmm :?
But then I'd need quite a few filling stations...... :shock:

John

The Bard
02-18-2007, 12:44 PM
nah, just a towel and the trade winds. don't you read Hitchhiker's Guide anymore?

HandTurnedMaple
02-18-2007, 01:23 PM
I prefer to dip the corner of my towel in a combination of Caraway seed oil and caramel. That combination has saved me so many times when lost in the belly of a transgalactic cruiser.

Greybeard
02-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Problem is the van's a Ford Transit, not a Ford Prefect.

:D

John

HandTurnedMaple
02-18-2007, 02:04 PM
:lol:

The Bard
02-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Godz I've created a monster.

I'm going to get in so much trouble for filling up these forums..

*backs away slowly*

FdxGuy
02-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Godz I've created a monster.

I'm going to get in so much trouble for filling up these forums..

*backs away slowly*

We need an OFF TOPIC forum just for Bard.

The Bard
02-18-2007, 02:16 PM
At some point soon they're going to simply tell me to stay off here... you know its just a matter of time

I have too much fun here.

:cry:

Kenm810
02-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Not to worry Brad – I’m sure the powers to be surly realize
Your one of the main reasons the rest of us stay civil

Ken
:wink:

The Bard
02-18-2007, 02:40 PM
B

A

R

D

Bards were those who sang the songs recalling the tribal warriors' deeds of bravery as well as the genealogies and family histories of the ruling strata among Celtic societies. The ancient Celtic peoples recorded no written histories; however, Celtic peoples did maintain an often intricate spoken history committed to memory and transmitted by bards. Bards facilitated the memorization of such materials by the use of poetic meter and rhyme.

and if i'm what keeps ya'll civil, then this place will be really interesting when they tell me to stop messing around LOL

:twisted:

Kenm810
02-18-2007, 03:05 PM
I know – that’s what Brad and wink was for – we gotta find a way to throw them off your
Trail – or Heaven help us
Ken
:)

IM2HAPPI
02-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey Doc,
How far are you from me ? I see your from Michigan.

The Bard
02-18-2007, 03:20 PM
bah....

they have a single phone call to find me. I can't hide if I wanted to LOL.

Kenm810
02-18-2007, 03:22 PM
I live about 6 miles north of Detroit - In a little 4sq. mile town of Fraser
Pleased to meet You :)

Remember The Bard is not allowed to give up trying :twisted:

FdxGuy
02-18-2007, 03:37 PM
B
A
R
D
and if i'm what keeps ya'll civil, then this place will be really interesting when they tell me to stop messing around LOL

:twisted:

As it turns out, a brad is a skinny nail.

Hey, if they ever tell you to stop playing here, you should let them know that many successful companies (even the big ones you would never think would have forums) have forums where their employees contribute to the community. In the case of Compucarves, the community is taking shape with amazing speed. You are playing an interesting part in that. Because we can come here for useful information and tips, we continue to come here because the forum and it's information (and yes, even Bard) add value to our relationship with our machines.

The Bard needs to be here. Without him, here is boring.

IM2HAPPI
02-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Hey, forgot one thare Bard, I almost forgot Barf lol :twisted:

swhitney
02-18-2007, 09:39 PM
The Bard should NOT be picked on as we all may need his expert* help someday

(*expert - let us look at the word itself... ex/spurt, ex is a has been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure....hmmmmm)

kind of like politics... poly meaning many, and tics being blood sucking creatures.....

just kidding Bard... don't put me in the black book or block my phone number at CW

FdxGuy
02-18-2007, 11:47 PM
The Bard should NOT be picked on as we all may need his expert* help someday

(*expert - let us look at the word itself... ex/spurt, ex is a has been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure....hmmmmm)

kind of like politics... poly meaning many, and tics being blood sucking creatures.....

just kidding Bard... don't put me in the black book or block my phone number at CW

The Bard can handle it.... But when you call on the phone he will ask you to make sure you are holding the frame while you touch the big metal can looking thing near the powersupply. He has a Funny sense of humor that way. Of course, he has set a new standard for my tech support calls to other companies. Just try to strike up a friendly conversation with those automatron bots. You would think you were talking to Marvin in the HHG. Not The Bard, he can make a tech support call FUN.

Happy Monday Folks!

swhitney
02-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Ah yes, the big metal can.... touching it just right makes you want to run around the workshop for about 20 minutes!! (I used to have a photo machine, Bard!! MSC-101)

Kenm810
02-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Hmmmmm I just thought - I have a Big Metal Can in back of my shop,
If The Bard puts on his cape and touches it just right - He'll be able to
fly around the shop for 20 minutes..
(Arrrr more power) :twisted:

only kidding
Ken

The Bard
02-19-2007, 11:52 AM
I feel the luv, really.... 8)

Cueman
03-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi, I'm Chuck, and I also live in Michigan - A little town called Hell. Yes, there really is a Hell, Michigan. Right next to Pinckney, and near Ann Arbor.

Please to meet your acquaintances. I've been reading the forums, and see some great ideas and good support here - and I'd just like to say thanks to all!

On a side note...
If anyone has any vector art in the pool/billiards category, I would be much obliged. I repair pool cues, and make custom cues. I hope to use my CC to make onlays for them in the future. I am hoping Coreldraw helps me make good images to use in the machine.

Thanks all!

rjp736
03-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Try this site and go to free stuff "www.allcw.com" Jon has some free patterns and one of them is of a pool table. I have made this one and it looks real nice.

LZee
03-05-2007, 07:32 AM
"Hi, I'm Chuck, and I also live in Michigan - A little town called Hell. Yes, there really is a Hell, Michigan. Right next to Pinckney, and near Ann Arbor."

Oh man---I'm here in Grand Rapids, and at one time our Lawn and Garden department had a guy from Hell and a woman from Paradise...and the woman's married to a gentleman from Detour!

Linda
Sears Tools

revved_up
03-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Welcome Chuck we are almost neighbors, I'm in Hartland, been to Hell many times used to cover the area for work. Not to mention a few trips out to The Dam Site Inn.