PDA

View Full Version : Creating new texture files

smurfjeep
12-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Hello all,

The designer comes with preloaded texture files (Eggshells, Bubbles, Horizontal / Vertical line...) Is there a tutorial on how to import/design a new texture file.

I am looking to create a texture file that is made up of tiny flames, and would like to import it into the program.

Thanks for all the help.

Woody

bergerud
12-04-2013, 02:21 PM
I do not believe there is any way to import your own textures. They are built in patterns.

zan29
12-04-2013, 02:32 PM
That's an option I would like to see in the near future. Seems it set up to add more!!!

RMarkey
12-04-2013, 02:34 PM
these are mathematically generated, so they'll look good for any size.

CW-HAL9000
12-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Hello all,The designer comes with preloaded texture files (Eggshells, Bubbles, Horizontal / Vertical line...) Is there a tutorial on how to import/design a new texture file.I am looking to create a texture file that is made up of tiny flames, and would like to import it into the program.Thanks for all the help.WoodyWhile it would not go into your texture list, you can use photos, drawings etc. make a pattern, put it on your project then over lay other patterns text etc. you may have to play with merge and carve regions for text etc.

smurfjeep
12-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the help, however....

Why when you open the "Select Texture" window, it has a search tab? Could a file be imported and show up in the "Search" window? What type of file does it need to be? Gif, JPG, BMP? I am not a computer wizard by any means.

Is this something that is a possible consideration for future upgrades?