PDA

View Full Version : Z Axis Stall - Homing Default - error 246 - error 310 - Y ax

sellinghiscw
02-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi Everyone,
Is it just me or does someone else out there think we have spent a lot of money for something that works for a few hours then quits? What makes it worse is trying to find support. I had to try three times to get an activation email with 3 different names. Ok, so I will admit that this unit does good work but after only 9 hours of carving and all the trouble I have had it seems as though this machine is way too tempermental.

I have fixed the homing error by blowing out the sensor on the truck. It starts to carve now but is eratic (not carving straight across) and the truck does not seem loose. Then suddenly the bit dives hard into the piece (z axis stall error 246). I have seen other posts with this problem. Some read that this is a z-truck problem and it needs to be replaced.

The machine has also thrown a y axis error at me several times.

So where do I find the number to call to get assistance?

I spend more time trying to keep this machine running than I do using it.

Jeff_Birt
02-16-2007, 09:50 PM
CW's number is all over the manual, but just for the heck of it here it is, striaght from the contact page on their website.

LHR Technologies, Inc.
4930 Allen Genoa Road
Pasadena, TX 77504

Phone: 713-473-6572
Hours: 9:00 - 6:00 PM, Monday - Friday

You will have to keep the sensors clean by wiping them or blowing them out with air etc. That's just a fact of life. Luckily it is easy to do, I generally do a quick vacuum between jobs and a good cleaning when I'm done with the machine for the day. A clean machine is a happy machine.

You will need to call CW about the problem with you Z motor. There have been some machines with this problem (I got one) but the guys at CW got me fixed up. Be a bit patient when you call, and keep trying until you get a live body. The CW folks have been having serious issues with their phone system since moving to a new facility but seem to be making every effort to support their customers. I think you will find they are good people to deal with.

sellinghiscw
02-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks Jeff_Birt for the info. You had a z truck problem too? I think I remember reading your post. I have had a lot of trouble with this machine but some of it was simply because I did not clean the sensor well enough. I really do like the machine so I will take your advice and give those guys a call. I am also emailing the support team. Thanks again.

Keith

Jeff_Birt
02-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Keith, I would also suggest calling Monday morning if you can. It seems the most relaible way (currently) to get a response.

swhitney
02-16-2007, 10:40 PM
so is sellinghiscw now keepinghiscw or what?

Ron Baird
02-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Jeff is right on so take his advice. Z axis problems will cause some Y axis problems. If the m/c was not sensetive it would do a job more like a chainsaw is that what you need? While the m/c is down try studying the manual it has lots of information that you need to know. this is not a plug and play machine. :roll:

Digitalwoodshop
02-17-2007, 12:03 AM
Are they working Monday???

AL

The Bard
02-17-2007, 12:07 AM
actually 'm going to try to make it in tomorrow and Sunday to catch up on my call backs.

but the phones won't dial in, just out *is lucky* so I'll do what i can guys.

sellinghiscw
02-17-2007, 12:00 PM
The machine won't even power up now. Oh and by the way you should be careful about using a vaccuum since the unit has electronic components in it and vaccuum hoses usually discharge static electricity, especially when vaccuuming up quantities of sawdust.

I plugged in my drill to the outlets and it works but the cw seemes dead in the water now. Time to search the forum for 'power up' issues now. :shock: :!:

Thanks for your...uhm...input

Keith

sellinghiscw
02-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Found some useful info on another thread/post that helped me cure the power up problem. Seems as though the machine was getting power but there is something loose at the LCD/Keypad.
Look folks, I don't always mean to be negative (sellinghiscw) but I do see that throghout these posts there are a lot of problems to work out with the CW machine. I am happy with the projects I have done that finished-the machine does 'non-chainsaw' work *laughs*. I feel fortunate that I got to get several projects done after reading some of the other posts. But with all things considered I hope that the first week I actually got to use the machime with the problems I have had will not be indicative of what is coming. If the problems I am having are mainly fixed by a new z truck then it will be worth it and I will be keepingmycw.

Thanks for your input and help

Keith

The Bard
02-17-2007, 01:27 PM
no prob. Just remember there are thousands of machines out. The problems you read here are a small fraction of the owners that have the machine. And the vast majority have no problems.

FdxGuy
02-17-2007, 07:18 PM
actually 'm going to try to make it in tomorrow and Sunday to catch up on my call backs.

Hey Bro!

You are insane!!!!! Dedicated, loyal, hard working, calling back unworthy customers on the weekend?

Did someone adjust your medication? Why the sudden softness for us and our silly little problems?

Where does Carvewright find such caring, dedicated and slightly off beat employees?

pkunk
02-17-2007, 09:41 PM

Hey Bro!

You are insane!!!!! Dedicated, loyal, hard working, calling back unworthy customers on the weekend?

Did someone adjust your medication? Why the sudden softness for us and our silly little problems?

Where does Carvewright find such caring, dedicated and slightly off beat employees?
You all are fortunate that they are caring, dedicated employees and owners, or you'd be fixing the CW on your own. Once the phone problems are resolved, tech support will improve. :)

FdxGuy
02-17-2007, 10:21 PM
We are very fortunate. Few companies behave this way nowadays.

sellinghiscw
02-18-2007, 01:05 AM
I put a call in to support as suggested, left a message so maybe the phones are up. Anyway, I see that you are busy and I will be patient and await your reply for a few days. Thanks again for your support.

Regards

Keith

insp_gadget
02-18-2007, 10:18 AM
I really love this machine. Unfortunately after 6.5 hours of carving I can not get rid of z stall 246 and sometimes y stall. I have noticed that usually the head comes all the way to the top and when it hits pin on top(absolute stop) I get the error. Wouldn't that mean the machine thinks it needs to go higher but after stalling on pin it shows other error? It has z-plunged into wood a couple times also. I was carving pretty deep at the time(3/4 inch).I have just bought a new air compressor.The machine really needs to be cleaned. My big shop vac was not enough. While at Sears we noticed machine was now on sale but they credited our account for the difference. I am more than willing to try the new Z pak if I can get a hold of them. I will put it in if they are sure that would fix the problem. Otherwise I will take it back for an exchange with a new and improved model. I have some great ideas for my family room remodel that involves this machine. This would be a unique fireplace surround and bar top. Steve

Ron Baird
02-18-2007, 10:34 AM
There is a post in trouble shooting I think about adjusting the Z flag, look it up. The flag out of adjustment will cause your condition.