PDA

View Full Version : Slow

ONLY WINGE
11-28-2013, 02:43 PM
:-( Has anyone else noticed how "SLOW" this new 2.0 is. I can not believe it is the computer as I have it on two and one is very new I bought just for the carvewright. I have went back to using the old version because it is so much faster. I am not sure but I think this may have been a big waste of money unless they figure out the problem. If someone has an idea PLEASE post it . from Alaska Jim

zan29
11-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Both of my versions were getting slow until I cleaned up my favorites. So far they both work good except 2.0 tends to crash. How many gigs on your new PC??

bergerud
11-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Designer 2.0 initially spends time creating the file previews. This is probably the source of slow downs and crashes. Either put up with it until it is done or disable previews under the help menu.

ONLY WINGE
11-28-2013, 11:56 PM
I was told to disable preview by carvewright I told them I did disable preview and it is still "VERY SLOW" and I still get the run time notice then all I can do is shut it down loose my work and start again.

lynnfrwd
11-29-2013, 07:33 AM
What operating system?

In Designer, go to edit > preference > graphics and turn hardware acceleration OFF.