PDA

View Full Version : Defective Z-Packs

flyingemt
11-27-2013, 02:08 AM
All, as of September, I received my replacement Z-pack to replace the already received defective one. Now, as I travel a lot for work, I just got to replacing it today, and guess what? The second one is bad too. Now, that being said, I noticed this when I did my Z-truck upgrade, complete with the new ribbon cable upgrade. So, LHR tells me to pull the circuit board off the new Z-Pack and put it on the original. Works great! So therefore, today I am less than appeased when I call LHR again, and rather than send me yet another Z-Pack, they want me to pull my controller and send it in with the other two defects.

So, got to thinking, machine is working fine, no issues, (well other than the 4 flute 1/8" cutting bit is fried on 3rd cutout, and smoked my shop. Getting it replaced FOC.) So with the holidays coming up, I am thinking its best to either 1.) wait till new year to send in controller, 2.) just request a credit for the defective Z-pack.

I cant logically make sense of it that its my controller (frying) these new Z-packs when the old one works just fine?

Would appreciate some input from ya'll...

Flying

Digitalwoodshop
11-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Take a close look at the circuit board pictures. If by accident you mix and match a old 18 pin with a new 14 pin you FRY the computer... As the new cable is 14 pin with wider pins and the older 18 pin is thinner pins in the same width. The wider flat pins of the FSC Cable Short out the closer together 18 pin jacks.

I think in Circuit Boards out of habbit. But even I make mistakes... Like the time I plugged a Wall Wort AC Adaptor that was 12 volt DC into my Flatbed Scanner that used a 12 volt AC Wall wort.... and plugged the AC one into a 6 inch flat screen video monitor... Smoking BOTH.... Same size plug... Way different voltage... AC/DC...

Good Luck,

AL