PDA

View Full Version : Jog to position

Dale
11-26-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm have a few problems with the jog to position function. I just want a 2" square carved region on a 11 X 5 board.

The machine asks how to place board, I choose 2 jog to position. It then does the "Load Bit', "Finding Bit" "Finding Surface" and then asks Jog to Project (1) Edge or (2) Center. I choose (1) Edge. (I assume it will it start at the bottom right edge of the carved region as it sits in the machine. Right"
I then get "Jog to front position 11 long x .29" What do I do next ? I can jog the length of the board , but not the width. I am sure I am missing something but have not found anything in the manual.

bergerud
11-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Your problem may have to do with the size of the project board in Designer. The machine uses the board size as the reference for the project. If the board width in Designer is 5 inches and the real board is 6 inches, it will only jog over an inch. It is asking you to jog to the corner of the Designer board, not the corner of the small pattern in the middle of the Designer board.

I always make the Designer board just a little larger than the pattern itself and just use jog to center.

DocWheeler
11-26-2013, 08:31 PM
A couple of years ago I wrote a Tips-N-Tricks about this.
It never got published for some reason.
I sent it to Dale, but here is the edited info on Jog that I wrote.

That isd what I get for not proof-reading twice - ignore the first sentance.
Both jog to center and jog to edge are talked about.
The mpc4 that is mentioned should have been edited out here!