PDA

View Full Version : Here we go!!!!!!

Poppie
02-16-2007, 05:06 PM
How long does it take to get the nerve to push the button? UPS dropped my machine off yesterday and I have been reading and looking at the thing. Any advice for the new guy, (I haven't been able to say that for a long time.)

Dan-Woodman
02-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Hey Poppie
Just start out with one of the patterns from the library and follow instuructions,be patiant,and referr to the form WHEN you get stumped.

swhitney
02-16-2007, 10:29 PM
How long does it take to get the nerve to push the button? UPS dropped my machine off yesterday and I have been reading and looking at the thing. Any advice for the new guy, (I haven't been able to say that for a long time.)

Took me about 30 minutes on Happy VD day.... course I been lurking on the forums for almost a month, and making notes of everyone else's misfortunes... and thus far (knock on wood) no problems. Any errors I have encountered are learning curve or cerebral flatulence related. My bigest mistake so far was to try and make something too small and intricate for the machine. If I want to do that, I better look at a laser I guess, but otherwise I have been very impressed with the machine and what it's potential will be.... Get a design, some "inexpensive" wood, and watch that puppy produce!!! Get crackin' now....

ruggybear
02-16-2007, 11:55 PM
I just got my machine yesterday. Today I produced 5 projects. All made out of 1x6 stock (pine). The projects were just name plates using differant fonts, corners, and feather settings. But at least I learned a bunch by using corel draw and paint and designer. That is also practice.

Just read the manual through, then read it again and then while reading a third time do the installation steps and double check them.

Mine came with version 1.113 of the softeare so I also upgraded the software and firmware on the program card to the latest version 1.115.

Have fun.

Ken

The Bard
02-17-2007, 12:05 AM
damn nice to see people actually read and check things out first.

remember if you're just testing, use both sides of the wood to save a little money.

Bill
02-17-2007, 06:05 AM
Hello Ken,
It's nice to see someone around the area with a machine
it is addicting and I am sure you will enjoy it you have
a Fantastic machine.
Bill.