PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions

larryblalock
02-16-2007, 04:19 PM
In the forum, I read that you have tutorials and patterns for free. I have tried to access them to no avail. My cursor simply turns to a vertical line each time it enters the field. Are they not available yet or is my alzheimers kicking in already. Secondly, how do you set the depth of cut in a project? Please explain in a manner so us retards can follow.

Jeff_Birt
02-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Larry, where are you trying to download the patterns and tutorials? The depth of cut is set in a box at the top of the screen. You will see one that says Depth (defaults to 0.25") and one that says Height (which is sort of a gain control for patterns, so that you can control how high the top of them is)

Jon Jantz
02-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Larry, I don't know if this question is directed at me or not... so if it wasn't please disregard the following... 8)

But.... the patterns and projects that you find in these forums that are posted for all of us to use are free. You should be able to click on the file and it should download to your computer. There are also some .PDF help and troubleshooting files that you can find here that are also free...

If you are referring to my site at AllCW.com, I am in the process of building that site and have a bunch of patterns, projects and patterns that I will be putting up on there in the near future. There are also a couple of free tutorials that show how to set up Corel, Zip-Import-Export patterns, etc. as well as a couple of design tutorials for which I'm charging a smallish fee...

I have been so busy making custom patterns, making tutorials, and trying to do a few patterns myself, that I haven't had much time to put into building the site and getting everything available, so please keep checking back and I'll let you know when I get those pages up...

Also, if the question was in fact directed towards me and about the AllCW site, out of respect for the users and moderators here, maybe it would be more appropriate for us to continue this conversation over at the AllCW forum... I have one there, not for competition for this forum, but to keep from clogging this one up with questions and posts about things not related to Carvewright directly... this board is getting quite busy and don't want anyone frowning on me... :D :D

Thanks!!
Jon

rgant05
02-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Larry,
I'm not sure if this is going to help, but I think I know what you are talking about. When I first started with the forum, I couldn't see any of the jpg pictures and couldn't download anything. I discovered that my problem was actually in the firewall setting on my computer. I use Zone Alarm and had to change a setting in the PRIVACY tab of the controls. On the AD BLOCKING feature within that tab I changed the setting from HIGH to MED. Went back to the forum and could see all the pictures and download all the patterns and projects. I think this may be the direction that you need to look even if you have another brand of firewall, because it sounds like something is stopping you from using the features that the forum has available.

Roger

larryblalock
02-16-2007, 06:22 PM
triple thanx to all who chimed in. Every little bit of help is truly appreciated. I just can't seem to get my grip on this computer thing. I am so eager to go forward with the machine, I get frustrated when I can't do what I want. Thanks again.