PDA

View Full Version : loose wires X termination board

John Douglas
11-21-2013, 07:59 PM
Two thin black wires came out of the bottom left connection on my A machine x termination board. They were on the opposite end of where the white wire is attached. Though it is obvious where they were attached, there is no way to tell which one goes to which contact. I really don't know if I expect anyone to be able to address this problem, but am posting it anyway. Any ideas or opinions on this situation?

fwharris
11-21-2013, 08:38 PM
See if this helps you out..

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?23648-Cut-Motor-Test&p=215505#post215505

bergerud
11-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Can you post a picture?

John Douglas
11-21-2013, 11:00 PM
http://forum.carvewright.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65930&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1375042879Thank you, fwharris. Now that I see the pic of the board, it is the bottom right instead of left. And it would be the two top black wires in that connection. I am in the midst of reviving this machine as it has been sitting idle for some time. I have a C machine that is giving me some cut motor problems and I took the board out of the A machine to try it in the C to rule out a board problem. It didn't change the problem with the C machine, but the wires came out of the socket during this transition. Mistake one. C machine is still under warranty so I should have just sent the card and motor in for testing. But I told the tech I would attempt to rule out by switching the board.

fwharris
11-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Very hard to see you small image but I believe those are the wires from the controller box. Not sure if you could put a small amount of solder on them an press them back into the connector or not. You can order a new wire bundle though.

John Douglas
11-22-2013, 12:06 AM
I believe I can solder them. My problem is that they are both black and have no defining markings, so I'm wondering if it makes a difference which pin they go to. They are the same size wires and they definitely go side by side on the top two pins. I was wondering if I could order the wiring, so that is an option and I appreciate the info. UPDATE: After doing a little more research and taking a closer look I have found that the cable I am referring to is the x-motor dc cable that runs directly to the motor. Though the motor is most likely good, I may have to replace it in order to get the cable in order. Thanks for the assistance.