PDA

View Full Version : Picked right day to check out CarveWright!!

bing
02-16-2007, 11:42 AM
I have been looking at the CarveWright system for a couple weeks on line. I went to a Sears (in a bigger city) and they had bochures but no machine. While coming home from city I stopped at our local Sear to let me know when they got a demo. The salesman said they disappear as fast as they come in. Another salseman overheard us and said an order had been cancelled that morning. It was still on the shelf and was 10% off because of restocking. Now this was a Tuesday and sears was having a senior day for an additional 10% off. We are now up to 20% off. But wait... I used my Craftsman card and sure enough another 10% off. I decided to push it and asked if I used my Safeway card would it bump it up more. Nope. I saved over $500 dollars and didn't have to wait. I guess it pays to shop local.
I have made several signs and carvings (in Pine) and am real happy with the results. Cleaning is very important to sensors.
:D

The Bard
02-16-2007, 11:59 AM
strange they charge 15% for restocking then give only 10% off for the same thing.

that's a pretty good racket!

FdxGuy
02-16-2007, 04:26 PM
I have been looking at the CarveWright system for a couple weeks on line. I went to a Sears (in a bigger city) and they had bochures but no machine. While coming home from city I stopped at our local Sear to let me know when they got a demo. The salesman said they disappear as fast as they come in. Another salseman overheard us and said an order had been cancelled that morning. It was still on the shelf and was 10% off because of restocking. Now this was a Tuesday and sears was having a senior day for an additional 10% off. We are now up to 20% off. But wait... I used my Craftsman card and sure enough another 10% off. I decided to push it and asked if I used my Safeway card would it bump it up more. Nope. I saved over $500 dollars and didn't have to wait. I guess it pays to shop local.
I have made several signs and carvings (in Pine) and am real happy with the results. Cleaning is very important to sensors.
:D

Dang Man, You got awesome discounts. I never managed more than the 15 for open box and another 10 for begging with a Craftsman card! Well done! I'll take 25 when I can get it, you rock!