PDA

View Full Version : Ed Baker rotary jig 4 sale-SOLD

skeeterman
11-11-2013, 12:17 PM
I bought the Ed Baker rotary jig and have never used it, i have five 2" x 14" dowels for carving that will go with it. I do not have the instructions on how to use it, i think you can download them,
will sell for $150 plus $20 shipping
steve

John Shafer
11-15-2013, 07:49 PM
I would be interesting in buying this jig. My email address is johnjanfarm@yahoo.com
Thanks
John Shafer

skeeterman
11-25-2013, 01:13 PM
John i sent you an email

zan29
11-25-2013, 03:54 PM
If it's still available, I'm a buyer!

skeeterman
11-25-2013, 06:53 PM
Zan,I am not sure how much it would cost to ship to Ontario , i have heard others on forum talk about cost of shipping to Canada from U.S.

bergerud
11-25-2013, 08:18 PM
It is no big deal to ship to Canada. Geess, we are just right here! You might have to fill out a customs form. What you probably heard was that LHR charges $45 to ship a bit to Canada and will not even ship a machine. Ed Baker also was afraid to ship to Canada. Just go to the post office and ship USPS.

(After it comes across the border it will travel by dog sled right to our igloo. LOL)

eelamb
11-25-2013, 08:58 PM
(After it comes across the border it will travel by dog sled right to our igloo. LOL)
Dan Thanks for the laugh.

zan29
11-26-2013, 03:56 AM
Skeeterman, I live right across the border so I have everything shipped to Massena, a place called the Ship It Shop so it would not be a problem.

skeeterman
11-26-2013, 07:27 AM
sent you message in your inbox Zan29

skeeterman
11-26-2013, 12:37 PM
sold. Suzanne i have sent you the tracking # in your inbox

zan29
11-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Yeah, finally have one. Can't wait to start using it. If anyone has instructions or any information regarding the jig, I would certainly appreciate. Thanks again Skeeterman!

mtylerfl
11-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Yeah, finally have one. Can't wait to start using it. If anyone has instructions or any information regarding the jig, I would certainly appreciate. Thanks again Skeeterman!

I formatted Ed's instructions and photodocumented the use of the jig for him when he first started selling them. I'm attaching the PDF I created.

EDIT: Nope...the file size was too big (4 MB). PM me with your email address and I'll email it to you.

edzbaker
11-28-2013, 08:20 AM
All of the instruction booklets were printed and packaged "Inside" the shipping box. Unless they were removed, they should be there.

skeeterman
11-29-2013, 07:43 AM
yes the instructions came with it when i purchased it, i took them from my shop and was reading them and learning about the jig and how to use it at house and then just never got around to using it and it was forgotten about for a while , decided to sale it just recently and looked around and could not find instructions anywhere. also at the time i purchased it and" i may be wrong"that there was something we were supose to change or modify, i never did . and like i said i may be wrong i was just recalling that i remember reading somthing about that back when first purchased

All of the instruction booklets were printed and packaged "Inside" the shipping box. Unless they were removed, they should be there.

mtylerfl
11-29-2013, 09:57 AM
No problem...she already has the instructions. Not sure what you mean about "change or modify something"...I didn't need to do anything special when I ran the jig during the photodocumentation and step-by-step instructions. It worked famously.

skeeterman
11-29-2013, 10:17 AM
like i said it has been a long time ago . just thought i had read about it after i had bought it, never used it so no modifications made

zan29
11-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Have everything I need, just waiting for the jig.............whoopi doo da.....can't wait to use it. Ed, how do you unwrap your objects or what software do you use. Tried Blender but too complicated for me right now.

edzbaker
11-29-2013, 01:58 PM
I didn't unwrap any objects myself. I had a friend at a machine shop unwrap the ones that I used. Normally, I just placed standard patterns inside a carve region, as shown in the instructions booklet.
I do know that other jig owners unwrap objects and carve them, but I don't know what software they use to accomplish it. Sorry that I can't help.

Ed

James RS
11-30-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm in the same boat as Ed, a friend owns a machine shop and lets me use his Aspire

zan29
12-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Well the new toy came in today. Will wait on my friend Roger to use for the first time. Thanks again Skeeterman!