PDA

View Full Version : setting tabs for full cutouts

bcurrence1
11-03-2013, 05:37 AM
I do not know how to set tabs for full cutouts. can someone help?
Also I have a 8 foot board that I would like to carve the full length. Can someone help me with one?

henry1
11-03-2013, 06:48 AM
Also I have a 8 foot board that I would like to carve the full length. Can someone help me with one?
When you set your cut out they go in automatic one tab per ft you also can choose on the cut out more tabs if you desire

bjbethke
11-03-2013, 07:01 AM

Welcome to this forum, looks like you are new here, not sure what you mean about setting tabs, I find you need to outline your patterns to make a cutout. There are tips and tricks posted on this forum to show how to do that. About your 8 foot board, You need out feed tables to do that, I make trim patterns that are 4 inches wide, you need the out feed tables and it would take about 8 hours to make a detailed carving. Welcome and have fun.

bcurrence1
11-05-2013, 06:32 AM
thank you I will look for the tips and tricks on cutouts. I tried to layout a simple pattern on a board I set up as 8 inches wide and 8 foot long. I cannot figure how to lay this out. I do have outfeed tables with rollers for this project.

mtylerfl
11-05-2013, 10:39 AM
This Tips & Tricks goes into quite a bit of detail regarding use of the Cut Path Tool. Hope it is helpful for you:

ISSUE 12 September 2008 – Designer 1.131 New Feature Highlights (http://www.carvewright.com/assets/tips/CarveWrightTips_and_Tricks_Sept08.pdf)