PDA

View Full Version : cutter arming fault

menewfy
02-15-2007, 05:53 PM
so i have done a number of projects you know putting it through the paces!

well when i got home today i loaded a logo and it said clear board sensor, ok so i blow it out, still there. I then come inside and did a search on the forum and found a topic with some pics and took it off and cleared it, that fixed that so if you have that issues i recommend going to this topic.
http://carvewright.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1277&highlight=clear+board+sensor

so then i was getting a different fault that I have not even read about, so i again came in and did a search nothing no results hmmmm the fault was cutter arming fault at the same time i was also getting z and y axis errors.

well then i remembered reading a topic about wierd stuff happening so i searched for that one here it is http://carvewright.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1720&highlight=clear+board+sensor

after i took the y truck off i found the kinked wire put it all back together, after needing to adjust the y truck a little (make sure as much of a pain as it might be to screw down the cover so that it is not in the way on the right hand side cause it did not go far enough to hit the plate) after i put the cover back on it started right up and it is carving right now.

YAY :D

The Bard
02-15-2007, 05:54 PM
I think you should send your machine to me to fix it.

it'll be back sometimes in August.

menewfy
02-15-2007, 08:29 PM
funny NOT!!

actually about 5 mins later it stopped so i will be calling you in the morning.

I got it to go again but I have had some issues that I had to fix which will require new parts. i will attach a pic of the parts. as much for you as well as anyone else who might run into it.

you will notice that I had to resolder the one point cause the tab that was supposed to be thru the board broke off. also the wires got pinched when I put it back together.

joke of the day you ready?

they say this machine is for hobby not comercial right? no one said the hobby you will be doing is electrical!

hope I made you smile cause i smiled when I thought of it.

btw I had to stop typeing this twice since I started just to go fix it again.

The Bard
02-15-2007, 11:57 PM
ask for Rawls when you call. He has a working knowledge of what they did on your machine.

menewfy
02-16-2007, 07:36 AM
I will so i gather you are sick of talking to me huh? :evil: well that is ok I will get over it LOL :twisted:

thanks

Jeff_Birt
02-16-2007, 08:28 AM
after i took the y truck off i found the kinked wire put it all back together,

Did you insulate the piched wire? The problem is not the kink itself, it's the wires being pinched and shorted to each other or the machine frame.

menewfy
02-16-2007, 08:37 AM
yes I wraped it in elec tape and then just in case I wraped them all individually. but each time after this happened I took that heat cover off and saw that my solder was cracked again. it is down now I figure there is no point trying to solder it again if it did not work the first five times unless when I call in they give me a different idea to try.

menewfy
02-16-2007, 06:05 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm

The Bard
02-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I hope Rawls got in touch with you via email or something.

menewfy
02-17-2007, 04:08 PM
nope I called three times and sent him a pm and nothing in return for my efforts. on the third call I was told you are the only one returning calls.

all I want for christmas is my two front teeth, for now i will settle for a working machine.

I know that alot of people are saying there is a learning curve to be expected, and I would agree with that but only based on software end not too mach on machine end. I am more than happy to learn,but when I get a machine back from the people who made it in the first place after it has been repaired I would think i would get more than a couple of projects done with it before it breaks again.

I believe I have been patient and even protective saying I know when I get it back it will work right and I will be off to the races, I feel very frustrated about the whole thing right now.

I still think this machine can produce nice pieces, but one thing people dont seem to get is this. the software may not be plug and play but the machine should do everything the card tells it to do, now if I tell the card something wrong so be it, that would be on me.

and while I know i got one of the first off the boat i still had hope that it would work, I was wrong.

now what do i do? sit around the house for two day wondering waiting hoping for a phone call. I dont think so.

sorry to the two or three people who might end up reading this I am doing my level best to not get too far down about it that I cant get back up, so this will be my last post for a while.

The Bard
02-18-2007, 10:24 AM
I wish there was something I could tell you.... we test it here and it works fine...

I have a three day backlog of call backs and I passed your number to Rawls hoping to speed things up for you. Apparently he didn't get to it. All i can do is tell him Monday and see if he can contact you faster.

Sorry about this Tim.