PDA

View Full Version : Pattern editor questions-I'm new...

Fred1956
11-01-2013, 07:09 PM
;)I just activated Pattern Editor and have watched all the Ask Bud vids (awesome!) I have been scanning in .jpg files of business cards and then making a 'larger' wooden business card replica from the scan with mixed results in quality, I had bought the Scanner Probe with my machine bundle but didn't activate because I was afraid of 'being overwhelmed' so I waited until now-Wow what a program…. Back to my question- after watching Bud's videos I started using the wand and editing height of text letters and features to get the trash out and I can make it look awesome in the view screen BUT when I open it in Designer some of the smaller letters don't show as well as the larger ones due and they look awful….When I set a tool height on the 'fill' tool is that the height that the letter will be from the background? from the surface? from the bottom?
For instance-think carve region- the background height is .002, larger text is set at .195, smaller letters are at .170. The text is raised from the background. I have tried inverting the pattern and it will carve OK but I like the look of the raised text and features. The larger text looks OK but the smaller text is very 'rough' looking. What am I missing or not understanding ? Maybe I'm asking more than it can do but I'd like the detail of the smaller text to be as good as the larger text…. Thanks in advance….still learning:)

mtylerfl
11-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Please post a few screenshots so we can see exactly what's up. Better yet, post the MPW of the item...NOT a PTN...the MPW has no copy-protection and we can "fiddle" with it for you. If you post a PTN format, we cannot edit or view it within the Pattern Editor. It must be in the MPW format for us to directly help with any editing.

Fred1956
11-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Sorry, been out of town, I'll do that when I get home this evening Thank you

cestout
11-04-2013, 06:04 PM
You can use any font on your computer. You could eliminate all text, just leaving the graphics, then replace the text with the text tool.
Clint

Fred1956
11-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Another issue….It says a .mpw is an invalid file how do I change it to a valid file…..(dang it)

fwharris
11-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Another issue….It says a .mpw is an invalid file how do I change it to a valid file…..(dang it)

You can either compress it to make it a zip file or change the extension to something like a .png or .jpg file or from the editor you can export out as an image file.