PDA

View Full Version : Angel PTN

sundog2001
02-15-2007, 05:26 PM
I downloaded an angel mpc file from this forum. I noticed when I carved it, it had a dip and line flaws. Others that have posted pictures of this angel have had this same flaw showing up. It also shows up in Designer image, so it's part of the mpc file.

This angel carving really shows off what the cw can do. I'm sorry that CW decided to not include it in the standard software.

Does anyone have the flawless one to share?

Art

BoardSilly
02-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Which Angel? I think there have been a couple posted.

IM2HAPPI
02-15-2007, 05:50 PM
I seen that and thats why I didnt proceed ; (
I have only seen that same one, and off couse I didnt get that on demo or centerline.

sundog2001
02-15-2007, 08:28 PM
See picture with flaws marked.

HandTurnedMaple
02-15-2007, 08:48 PM
I guess that's why it was pulled from Designer.

IM2HAPPI
02-16-2007, 03:01 AM
I hardly doubt that. Im thinking more like it was taken into designer program, screwed up and put back on here for newbies. Notice none of the beta testers answered this ? Its not like it was a copyright pattern.
Something to look forward to in upgrade, think not.
:x

IM2HAPPI
02-16-2007, 03:11 AM
http://carvewright.com/forum/download.php?id=14
Do you see any of those marks in this angel pic ?
Hummmmmmm

hartwoods
02-16-2007, 04:21 AM
Hi ALL
I am a beta tester and did that carving last year. The same small hole appeared on mine . I remember another beta did this carving and filled the hole in desinger then sanded it domn .I just filled mine and sanded smooth.

I would guess this was a defect in the original carving that was scanned . It probably was an old panel fom a piece of furniture they found.

I have had my problems with my machine which is in the shop now has been for 3 weeks. I must I got spoiled I could take my machine drop it off in the morning and pick it up later in the day .

When the bugs are all worked out and the machine becomes reliable on a continued bases we will all be very happy carvers.

As you can see the small hole was in my project also.

Happy carving
Don

shaddy
02-16-2007, 04:43 AM
Looks like the original piece was broken, then scanned. The spot on the outside becomes less noticeable when you frame it in a rectangle and set a carve region.

Shaddy

IM2HAPPI
02-16-2007, 04:47 AM
Thanks hartwoods for your reply. I guess it gives us newbies something to work on in another software to fix it up. :)

HandTurnedMaple
02-16-2007, 10:10 AM
If you look at Hartwoods's .mpc it looks like someone scanned in a picture from a magazine or something and the defect is a crease from where they stuffed it in their pocket. As far as the carved example goes, there are slight defects in the bow, the wing, and the right side of the frame. But its very slight (Requiring zooming in) and was cleaned up very well. GJ to the carver. It also shows up just slightly on the one I did, but I used Red Oak so I just attributed it to the open graining. In any case, its not a wide enough defect for the 1/16" wide bit to carve much of it on a 3 or 4" carving (except for the hole on the left outside).

pkunk
02-16-2007, 10:25 AM
I hardly doubt that. Im thinking more like it was taken into designer program, screwed up and put back on here for newbies. Notice none of the beta testers answered this ? Its not like it was a copyright pattern.
Something to look forward to in upgrade, think not.
:x
Sorry to dissapoint. It is in the origonal file. It's not so bad once carved that it can't be sanded out.

IM2HAPPI
02-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Sorry to dissapoint. It is in the origonal file. It's not so bad once carved that it can't be sanded out.

Well thank you for that, Im not disappointed by any means. I did a search this am, probably way to early and never did see an answer. I seen where several member had ask for it, but never was produced till much later. Sorry for sounding huffy.
Sometime if you get bored, just search Angel. If your a newbie, you'll see why at times it got flusterating.

Its no big deal though, just a pattern.

Jeff
02-18-2007, 01:52 AM
I look at it as character. These are some boxes I made for Christmas. I glazed over the paint to make the detail, including defects, more pronounced.

Jeff

Aaron B
02-19-2007, 08:32 AM
That hole was there from the beginning, but in one of the updates to us beta-testers it got taken out. Then that pattern got pulled.

mtylerfl
02-20-2007, 08:59 AM
That hole was there from the beginning, but in one of the updates to us beta-testers it got taken out. Then that pattern got pulled.

Hello Aaron,

How 'bout posting the "good" Angel pattern (in the Sharing area) that you received as a beta tester?

cajunpen
02-20-2007, 09:27 PM
How 'bout posting the "good" Angel pattern (in the Sharing area) that you received as a beta tester?

I just posted a good Angel PTN in the share gallery. I hope it's what you guys (and gals) are looking for - at least these old eyes didn't see the hole that was in the newer versions.[/quote]

HandTurnedMaple
02-20-2007, 09:30 PM
No hole, but the crease is still there.