PDA

View Full Version : right on schedule

dltccf
10-23-2013, 01:47 PM
242 hours and the cut motor just stopped spinning. I ordered new brushes and will have to wait until they arrive before I carve again. These seem like a pretty standard motor part that should be able to be locally sourced.

As always just as I was getting a chance to get a lot of stuff done is when something breaks.

dave

myshop1044
10-23-2013, 02:47 PM
I hope you ordered 2 or3 sets, for the shipping price get as many as you can, I always do. Extras don't hurt.

Digitalwoodshop
10-23-2013, 03:01 PM
They are metric in size and I did find a set years ago on line similar BUT COMMA.... The Spring and Teather Wire were longer. What happens with the LHR Brushes is that the Teather is the CORRECT Length to stop the brush and stop the motor. The "Local" brushes would let the metal spring get to the spinning parts then you buy a whole new motor and possibly start a fire in your machine.

I hope you ordered a FSC Cable TOO as that is a Consumable Part as it can only flex SO many times before it snaps the inner copper.

I would search the Maintenance Thread for Preventive Maintenance and have the stuff before you need it... That prevents posts about having to wait.. Having a extra X Drive Gear is good too.....

Good Luck,

AL

O' and find a Local source for the 685ZZ inner bearings for the Y Gearbox. 5 x 11 x 5 MM double metal shield. It's TIME.... to replace them... as Preventive Maintenance... You need 2 and I recommend replacement at the same time as Cut Motor Brushes.

dltccf
10-23-2013, 07:10 PM
Thanks, the first thing I did was search for that 250 hour maintenance thread.
I had recently replaced the bearings. I went ahead and ordered a new cutting bit to reduce the per item shipping cost.

Dave

RogerB
10-23-2013, 07:14 PM
Also add spare wires to keep in stock.