PDA

View Full Version : Making use of those pieces of wood.

fwharris
10-23-2013, 01:11 PM
I am doing some piece work for a local urn maker. I am just cutting out ovals in the front of the boxes. He has a gal who paints scenes on a backer board that goes behind the oval. I saw no reason to let the oval cut outs go to waste or having to go back later and make up a jig to use later on. So since it is coming upon that time of year I've started doing a few Christmas ornaments.

Smoken D
10-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Really a nice looking horse. Came out great!

dltccf
10-23-2013, 01:52 PM
That is a nice horse, where is that pattern available?
dave

fwharris
10-23-2013, 01:58 PM
That is a nice horse, where is that pattern available?
dave

Yes it is a nice horse. Looks awesome the bigger you carve it. It is a CarveWright pattern http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=16930&cat=&page=1

I got mine with I believe with the carves club freebie a few years ago, it was included in a Christmas collection...

SteveEJ
10-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Excellent idea Floyd!

Getting cold out there yet??

fwharris
10-23-2013, 02:28 PM
Thanks Steve. Define cold! :p Over night lows are in the low 30s and day time temps in the 60s. Sure sucks to be in Colorado! ;) :D

TerryT
10-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Ummm...... Floyd. There is a car in your workshop. We don't allow cars in our workshops. They take up too much valuable space! LOL

fwharris
10-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Ummm...... Floyd. There is a car in your workshop. We don't allow cars in our workshops. They take up too much valuable space! LOL

Well lets just say the BOSS left me with no other option! And yes I sure could use the space but who am I to argue? ;)

eelamb
10-23-2013, 03:25 PM
Floyd great carving, and as Terry said, The car has to go (be nice about telling her, or you will be the one going).

ladjr
10-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Very nice Floyd. Is that a Double sided carve.

And yes who every thought a car in a garage. What a different idea.

TerryT
10-23-2013, 04:34 PM
Very nice Floyd. Is that a Double sided carve.

And yes who every thought a car in a garage. What a different idea.

Crazy isn't Leo? Some folks just don't understand how many tools you could put in the space that a car takes up! LOL

fwharris
10-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Ed, Leo and Terry,

Now you guys are trying to get me into a heap of trouble. Our deal was I can have my 1/2 + of the over sized 2 car garage to do what ever with. I just had to make sure her car had a spot in the garage. Believe that is about what she got, A SPOT!

Leo, no they are just a single side carve for now. I might do a few double sided though as it would really make them look nice. I am carving these in 1" stock so plenty of wood to do so. I did also think about slicing them on the band saw and do a glue up...

RogerB
10-23-2013, 05:42 PM
floyd just have to add a second floor for wood storage and a tempo for the wife. just tell her it is temporary .Don't want your car to get dusty.

fwharris
10-23-2013, 07:24 PM
floyd just have to add a second floor for wood storage and a tempo for the wife. just tell her it is temporary .Don't want your car to get dusty.

Roger, She might have been born at night but it was not last night ;)!!