PDA

View Full Version : My first sale..........wooooo hoooo!

zan29
10-21-2013, 06:24 AM
Finally, my first sale for a sign! Hoping the word will get around town.

chebytrk
10-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Very Cool sign! Congrats on your sale. I will say after looking at your sign and noticed that you "mirrored" the music notes it brought back some personal memories for me. Since that portion of the musical chart is mirrored, the Treble Clef sign is backwards which most non musicians will not even notice. Well.... my story on that particular symbol..... Many many moons ago when I was in high school I decided to make my own tattoo since I was DEEPLY and FOREVER in Love with Sophie (1st love). I decided to make a tattoo on my arm which I did using Indian Ink, a pencil and a needle. It was just an "S" and it turned out..... well...... So flash forward many many many moons later and no I guess Sophie wasn't forever as I thought. haha Anyway, I got my first real tattoo after joining the Army and also asked the tattoo artist to place a curly line in the S to make it in to a "kinda sorta" Treble Clef. He did and a few years later when I met the real love of my life (whom I later married) asked me one day about the S on my arm. I told her it wasn't an S and it was actually a Treble Clef as I had been a musician for a while (trumpet 5yrs, piano, and Bass guitar). So... she believed me until one day one of my sons made comment how it really wasn't a Treble Clef so I had to "fess up" on how it all started. I've been married 42yrs and my wife still "ribs" me about my GIRLFRIENDS tattoo on my arm. ha ha :D So.. if you make the sign again ...... you might just want to copy & paste it.... or years later someone might come up to you too although it won't be YOUR first GIRLFRIEND! ha ha :D

zan29
10-21-2013, 07:32 AM
Cute story.......since it is sort of a mancave sign, I thought the music notes mirrored would be fun and I guess my client didn't notice it.

myshop1044
10-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Congrats on your sale, now you are hooked. The sign looks great, when the word gets out you will start seeing
more request.

Dale
10-21-2013, 10:18 AM
My congrats on your first sale also. Hopefully you'll get many more.

rcdages
10-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Congrats for an outstanding carving, looks very nice and love the way you designed the lettering.

dbemus
10-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Congratulation on your first sale. Nice work! Did you put that first Loone on the wall?

RogerB
10-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Nice work sue Congats

aokweld101
10-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Nice sign, if it was not brought to our attention I wouldn't have noticed the clef being backwards as I don't know a thing about music!! but it is a great sign.

chebytrk
10-21-2013, 07:52 PM
Hope you weren't offended by my observation Sue. The Clef was just something that caught my eye (& everytime I see my arm). The sign is definately very nice.

aokweld101
10-21-2013, 08:13 PM
I understand how chebytrk notice it if I had a tattoo on my arm I would of noticed it toooo.......ROTFL...That is a funny story....sorry for you and one of life experiences but I'm glad you can laugh about it.... OOOOhhh..the memories of our frist love....

zan29
10-22-2013, 05:08 AM
Thanks all......!