PDA

View Full Version : New Coasters designs

myshop1044
10-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Here are a few of my new designs I will be trying out at the next few shows,
Let me know witch one you like.
The top one I will call Wrought Iron, the next set is called Single Scroll and
then double scroll.
I am running out of 3/8" Corian , so I am going to 1/4", it makes them lighter.

Perry B.

bergerud
10-20-2013, 06:30 PM
I like the Wrought Iron one. Do you cut them out after you carve them, before you carve them, or have the machine cut them out as part of the process?

aokweld101
10-20-2013, 06:38 PM
I have made a coaster set If you don't mind take a look and maybe I can give you an idea on a holder for them..and I like the one with the single carve on the outside you have to have something so it don't cause the cup to have suction on the coaster

JoeinWestMich
10-20-2013, 06:44 PM
I have the same question as Bergerud regarding the cutting. I am getting a couple of 3/8 Corian sink cut outs. Not sure how to cut them down for carving. And I don't want to ruin an expensive table saw blade if possible. Great designs. My favorite is the top one. Clean, classy design!!

myshop1044
10-20-2013, 07:21 PM
I have gotten my Corian in sheets and I use a cheap saw blade( 1/8") to cut the sheets into 8 x 8 squares to fit into my sled, the blade last a good while.
As for as coaster racks I use LRI wire coaster racks that I found on the internet. They have round, square wire or wooden holders. I usually get 50 or a 100 at a time to reduce the price.
The first ones I made did stick to the bottom of the glasses, then I made sq. grooves into the coasters to let the water go down into the Corian. These new one will do the same thing letting the water go into the coaster.

aokweld101
10-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Maybe I need to ask where you are getting your racks from save the cost of making my own!!

myshop1044
10-20-2013, 07:51 PM
As for as coaster racks I use LRI wire coaster racks that I found on the internet