PDA

View Full Version : Old George

hoffmans
10-14-2013, 11:57 PM
First,I enjoy the Forum and all of the people associated with it. Have been inhaling sawdust off and on for the past 70 years ( am now 94 and still breathing) purchased a Carvewright and was instanly hooked. Have had my ups and downs but with help from other carvers one in particular (Ross Clark) I feel that I have learned a lot about the carver. I also do turning,both metal and wood. Would also like to hear from any old timers out there (hoffmans@imt.net) Billings,Mont. Will try and send pics to the Forum of some of my carvings. Thanks.

Old George

CNC Carver
10-15-2013, 05:51 AM
Glad you have found something to keep you young. Keep carving and turning! Hope I can double my age and catch up to you!

tierman
10-15-2013, 07:00 AM
Welcome and am very interested in seeing your work. Happy carving!

Canemaker
10-15-2013, 08:47 AM
It seems you'r never too old to learn new tricks. Continue to enjoy the
machine and all it can do for you. I'm not an old timer, but I would be interested
in seeing some of your past projects that you have turned in wood and metal and I
am just starting to turn with both a metal and a wood lathe. Send me a pm if you wish. Thanks
John

SteveEJ
10-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Welcome Sir! Welcome to the forum. Any relations to the Gold Mining Hoffman's?

hoffmans
10-15-2013, 10:04 PM
Steve I think all of my relatives must have been coal miners. Hope to see you on the forum.

Old George

hoffmans
10-15-2013, 10:08 PM
John I do quite a bit of wood turning along with carving. My metal lathe just keeps my shop going when some thing breaks down and can be repaired by building a new part. Will post some pictures as soon as I learn how to do it. Thanks for the come back.

Old GEORGE

55president
10-16-2013, 08:36 AM
It's good to hear from someone with those metal turning skills. Wishing you the best with your machine.

rcdages
10-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Welcome George,

Looking forward to seeing your work posted here on the forum.

You could not ask for a better person to help you with you CW then Ross.

May you have many more years a head of you.