PDA

View Full Version : Y Axis problem and my temporary solution

parasram
02-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Hi guys,

I had trouble getting my machine to work out of the box and the support folk (I believe it was Bard) have been great.

The head never kicked the plate on the right out far enough to get a good Z-axis calibration. I saw Rick Devine's pdf post and I'd give that a try tomorrow. My temporary solution that worked today was duct tape and a piece of plastic!

I also have problems with a very sensitive IR sensor that stops measuring due to minor wood patterns (works on another CarveWright). I'd get some sensor values to support, like they asked.
I also managed to mess up one allen head on the bit holder. I'd see if I can pick up an off-the-shelf replacement screw.

Let me just say that this machine so far is incredible. I'm sure it would need much maintenance, but it is complex.

I'd also like to restate that this machine is VERY loud! You need ear plugs. And the bits are sharp! Use the bit removal tool. I learned the hard way.

Thanks again guys for a fun machine! I have some scanner probes to try now.

The Bard
02-15-2007, 12:23 AM
first day I worked I slit my finger on a bit. Second day I tore my hand on the sand paper.

welcome to the brotherhood.

parasram
02-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks Bard!

Hey if you guys need a software tester for any 3D import functionality, I'd be glad to help. I'd love to have that functionality. I want to prototype some mechanical assemblies that we are developing.

I'm a C/C++ programmer by training (MSc), with an EE background, and may even help there.
It would be great if you licensed the 3D format.

Thanks again,
Ryan

The Bard
02-15-2007, 04:41 PM
sure if you can move to Houston hehe.