PDA

View Full Version : Working conditions...

Julie Coffey
02-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Well we've all heard that 'The Bard' is chained to his desk- the poor man doesn't even have speakers on his computer at work! But I have it from an inside source its not 'that bad' in fact its quite elegant.

An unnamed source sent this to me- see for yourself.

http://www.ariaartistry.com/TheBard.jpg

Really Bard I'm hurting for ya, can ya feel the love?

Ok I was bored tonight- and after seeing the lamentation post for ValDay- here ya go Bard. Cheer up we're happy to have you here.

J

The Bard
02-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Stranger than you've dreamt it
can you even bear to look?
Or dare to think of me now.

This loathsome gargoyle who '
burns in hell but secretly

dreams of heaven

secretly, secretly... oh, Christine.

meat
02-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Mornin', just another day
Happy people pass my way
Lookin' in their eyes
I see a memory
I never realized
How happy you made me ... oh, Mandy

Your pal,
Meat.

The Bard
02-15-2007, 10:01 AM
LOL would I be lame to admit I have a "best" cd of his? :lol:

meat
02-15-2007, 10:05 AM
LOL would I be lame to admit I have a "best" cd of his? :lol:
No lamer than me admitting that I went to his concert, and it was pretty damned good.

Your pal,
Meat.

The Bard
02-15-2007, 10:10 AM
my friend did too... she said he said "I know its' hard to be one of my fans" LOL kewl guy.

Julie Coffey
02-15-2007, 02:49 PM
I used to play Barry Manilow to my houseplants- they thrived.

Then the ex burned the albums- hrm maybe thats why hes an ex?

J

BobHill
02-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Has anyone seen Davis Gaines lately :roll: of the 18 times I've seen it on stage, to date, he's the best (and I've seen Michael, Robert, and a bunch of the Roadies ... except for the Bard, of course).

Bob

Digitalwoodshop
02-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Can you imagine that Bard picture carved....

Speaking of Barry Manilow. I remember a story of a 7-11 type store in NYC that had a problem with kids hanging around the store outside. Was bad for business. Well, the owner installed speakers outside and played Barry Manilow music 24 hours a day.... Problem solved.... The kids couldn't deal with it....

Now they use a tone that is high in pitch that only kids can hear, as you age everyone naturally loses this tone ability. It is annoying to kids but adults can't hear it. How I heard about it was on CNN, they did a story where kids were down loading cell phone ring tones in that same high tone that adults couldn't hear. They used it in school to signal text messages and calls and the teacher would never know.... kids.... Smarter than WE were.....

AL

BobHill
02-15-2007, 09:30 PM
I question the "smarter" part, Al. Who developed the toys that the kids now are playing with? :twisted:

Bob

The Bard
02-16-2007, 12:05 AM
people who were kids when they came up with them, and adults when they got funding LOL.

Digitalwoodshop
02-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Your right.... I fixed Play Station 2's at Sony when they first cam out, and yes, they were designed by adults.... But what we found in the early units was little hackers putting modifications on them at the circuit board level that let them play copied games. I started lurking at the hacker web sights and learned through the pictures where the modifications were soldered on to the main board. Started watching for solder marks on units with unusual problem and that explained the problem most times. The modification was burning out some of the circuits.... So not Smarter then us but more resourceful... We didn't have the Internet and instant access to anything PG we wanted... Search "Hack PS2" Enter...... We had to wait for the next month's edition of Popular Electronics, Popular Mechanics, or for the Ladies.... Good House Keeping or Redbook.....

AL

Debbie Spencer
02-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Hi Julie!
Great Pic of the Bard! I do agree that he's just under way too much pressure! Even working on Sundays and dealing with all of us "crazy blonde" people! (personally speaking of course) :cry: Poor guy! He deserves speakers on his computer!!! And a donut every now and again.
Deb Spencer
Delabears.com

Julie Coffey
02-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Hi Julie!
Great Pic of the Bard! I do agree that he's just under way too much pressure! Even working on Sundays and dealing with all of us "crazy blonde" people! (personally speaking of course) :cry: Poor guy! He deserves speakers on his computer!!! And a donut every now and again.
Deb Spencer
Delabears.com

Hello Debbie its nice to meet you and your absolutely right- so because he's 'speshul' and we care- I gave him Bose speakers- a lovely plate of Krispe Kreme donuts and a quad Starbucks mocha. By the time he comes out of his sugar coma the software upgrade will be available for purchase ::winks::

http://www.ariaartistry.com/TheBard.jpg

Julie

The Bard
02-20-2007, 12:58 PM
fattening me up for the kill?

aww i feel Spechul.

Greybeard
02-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Hey Bird, I hope you've got an escape route ready, it's getting near time to fly.

Sorry, Brad, the temptation was too great.
John

Debbie Spencer
02-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Ohhhhhh....but you ARE Spechul!!!!!! :twisted: Have another donut my pretty!
Deb Spencer
Delabears.com

The Bard
02-27-2007, 01:50 AM
*flee flee*